Login / Register

How do I address this 40-80hz dip? ...and, is it my biggest problem??
New Reply
Subscribe
JLiRD808
29th December 2012
Old 29th December 2012
Lives for gear

How do I address this 40-80hz dip? ...and, is it my biggest problem??

Some REW graphs...HS80m's with stuffed ports and some slight EQing.

...and my room layout. There's actually more bass traps now, just haven't added to the pic. The ceiling is about 11' high and I do have a ceiling cloud (not visible).

I don't have much room for any more broadband bass trapping, and I know A LOT would be needed to address that 40-80hz dip. Should I build a 60hz tuned trap and widen its q with some fluffy inside? Someone else said that I should just be happy with these results....

I'm sure that 225hz ringing is electrical/computer related, right? Tips on squashing that?

Regarding the 6.5khz dip, just a simple nudge of the mic could remove it, but then cause a dip somewhere else probably. Not even sure HOW to resolve/measure high freq issues as mic placement seems to trump all.

Any ideas on how to tackle this stuff (and if it's even worth it) would be greatly appreciated! I'd like to go back to mixing, just hate mixing when I feel like I could be "cleaning" my room more.

THANKS!!!

https://soundcloud.com/jasonlees/thinkn-about-u-25a-101413-l1-1?in=jasonlees/sets/demos-1
29th December 2012
Old 29th December 2012
Gear Guru

You can build something tuned but you still take a lot of surface area to work. Needless to say though just straddling more panels will work. Don't forget that a rectangle room has 12 corners.
http://www.gikacoustics.de (German Translation)
404 492 8364 (USA)
+44 (0) 20 7558 8976 (Europe)

Built in Slat design (Scattering/Diffusion) on all Bass Traps click here
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search