New Reply
Subscribe
Bartolobartus
23rd December 2012
Old 23rd December 2012
Gear Head

Speaker and display Setup

Hello!

I need some help with my speaker and display setup.
Here is my situation:

I have three displays (a 30" and two 27"), and I really need them, since I do all my workflow with my DAW (no controller or analog mixer).
My Mixer is on one Screen, my Arrangement on the other one and my instruments and effects are on thr third one.

I tried to work with 2 displays - it basically was enough, but 90 % of the time I looked to the display with the arrangement so I never really was in the middle (sweetspot).
That's why I decited to use 3 displays - now I have the arrangement on the big one in the middle and anything else to the right and left.

Next year I will finally buy new speakers. After hours of comparing and listening I have decited to get two ADAM S3X-H.

I've read many threats about speaker placement here - I know my speakers would be too far away from each other (when I have all three displays between them) and I should not put my displays in front of the speakers.

That's why I need suggestions, how so set up the S3X-H speakers with my three large displays.

For checking out the possibilitiies I arranged a layout ( 1/10 scaled of original size)
The yellow area is where the tweeters have to be placed (about the hidh of my ears).
These are three possibilities that I came up with.

Setup A: Speakers above the displays, displays close too each other but speakers too high. Maybe "angle" them down a little to aim at me?

Setub B: Speaker right next to the large 30" display, probably best placement for speakers, but displays 2 & 3 are very far away...

Setup C: A mix of A and B, speakers above the smaller displays. The displays maybe a little low and the speakers just a little to high, but almoast in the right spot.

What do you think is the best setup or do you have any other ideas?
And by the way - merry Christmas!
23rd December 2012
Old 23rd December 2012
Gear addict

i've seen some 3 screen setups where users are saving space stacking them in a triangle. In your case either the two 27s on the bottom, 30 on top, or inverted.

whatever you do, avoid craning the neck. that'll kill workflow for sure.
Bartolobartus
27th December 2012
Old 27th December 2012
Gear Head

I thought about that, too - but the 30" would be too high. Why do ears and eyes have to be at the same height...
27th December 2012
Old 27th December 2012
Lives for gear

Send a message via Skype™ to boggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartolobartus View Post
I thought about that, too - but the 30" would be too high. Why do ears and eyes have to be at the same height...
With good stands, you can tilt both speakers and display to your eyes/ears.

Only testing/measurements/listening may give you information for decision... nobody here can imagine or visualize what you can hear in your room, easy and directly.

Facebook: @MyRoomAcoustics
Email: boggy@myroom-acoustics.com
--"We can never see past the choices we don't understand." (Oracle, The Matrix Reloaded)
Bartolobartus
28th December 2012
Old 28th December 2012
Gear Head

That would probably the best way - and I will do that as far as possible.

But the problem is, my furniture setup will depend on the speaker/display setup.
I will build a customized studio furniture, and in order to build that I need to know a few things. So it will be difficult to do it before it is finished - but building it will also depend on the setup....

That's why it is so difficult.
28th December 2012
Old 28th December 2012
Lives for gear

Send a message via Skype™ to boggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartolobartus View Post
That's why it is so difficult.
We all have same problems if we want to solve this problems right.
Use whatever you find to fit your needs for temporary positioning your displays and loudspeakers (cheap speaker stands, books, ropes... anything)

EDIT: You need a great patience, in the first place.

Good luck!

New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search