Canada acoustics program?
aleafgadol
Thread Starter
#1
22nd December 2012
Old 22nd December 2012
  #1
Gear interested
 

Thread Starter
Canada acoustics program?

Im a struggling sound engineer
its my second year as a technician and its been a tough year
i fell like im stuck on the first step of the board game
and i keep rolling the dice but i wont move
i think its time for a change
i always wanted to study acoustics in a university program
i live in israel but i have a canadian passport
i was wondering if you know any academic program in musical,architectural acoustics in canada?

thanx
#2
22nd December 2012
Old 22nd December 2012
  #2
Lives for gear
 
avare's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleafgadol View Post
Im a struggling sound engineer
its my second year as a technician and its been a tough year
i fell like im stuck on the first step of the board game
and i keep rolling the dice but i wont move
i think its time for a change
i always wanted to study acoustics in a university program
i live in israel but i have a canadian passport
i was wondering if you know any academic program in musical,architectural acoustics in canada?

thanx
McGill's related programs are world reknowned.

Well educated,
Andre

Last edited by avare; 22nd December 2012 at 06:02 PM.. Reason: Forgot witty closure. Thanks Glenn.
#3
22nd December 2012
Old 22nd December 2012
  #3
Gear nut
 

Andre,
I'm trying to find the url of the page acoustic engineer that someone posted here saying it was good to learn.
If I remember correctly was not amalcolm, not remember.
You know who I mean?
#4
22nd December 2012
Old 22nd December 2012
  #4
Lives for gear
 
avare's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondeath View Post
Andre,
I'm trying to find the url of the page acoustic engineer that someone posted here saying it was good to learn.
If I remember correctly was not amalcolm, not remember.
You know who I mean?
No. Malcolm is great. If can be more specific I might be able to help.

Andre
#5
23rd December 2012
Old 23rd December 2012
  #5
Lives for gear
 
andrebrito's Avatar
 

You need to ask yourself if you are willing to dive into a degree where studio recording acoustics is a very small part of the program. You will NOT learn how to design a studio on any acoustical program.

Studio design is just a small fraction of architectural acoustics. Check McGill Univ.

There are also some good online degrees.. if you already have a bachelor, you can do the module of a module of Room Acoustics at the Master in Acoustics at Salford Uni
#6
23rd December 2012
Old 23rd December 2012
  #6
Gear nut
 

#7
23rd December 2012
Old 23rd December 2012
  #7
Lives for gear
 
andrebrito's Avatar
 

Yes that is the one !

You can do a single module if needed. The numerical tecnnique module is also interesting since you fiddle a bit with Odeon but there is also stuff about transducers involved in other assignments

Last edited by andrebrito; 25th December 2012 at 01:53 AM.. Reason: Gramatical errors
#8
24th December 2012
Old 24th December 2012
  #8
Lives for gear
 
avare's Avatar
 

#9
24th December 2012
Old 24th December 2012
  #9
Lives for gear
 
avare's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondeath View Post
andrebrito -> this is the course that you said(Master?)? MSc/PgDip
Salford is one of the pre-eminent educational institutions for Acoustics. They produce great people like Andrebrito!

Andre
#10
25th December 2012
Old 25th December 2012
  #10
Lives for gear
 
andrebrito's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by avare View Post
Salford is one of the pre-eminent educational institutions for Acoustics. They produce great people like Andrebrito!

Andre
Lol thanks !
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
Jonny5 / Music Computers
13
elsaddiq / Music Computers
1
hollywood_steve / Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music & Location Recording
9
neilsby / Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music & Location Recording
50

Forum Jump
 
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.