New Reply
Subscribe
NoctemAudio
20th December 2012
Old 20th December 2012
Gear nut

Send a message via AIM to NoctemAudio Send a message via Skype™ to NoctemAudio
Question about which arrangement of panels to set up

My room is 11' 4" x 14' and I'm trying to decide if I should have 4 panels on the side walls from the mixing position, 1 panel on the rear wall (behind mixing position), and 1 cloud panel OR 4 panels on the side walls and 2 panels on the rear wall with no cloud panel. I already have 1 bass trap in each corner and 2 bass traps behind the monitors against the wall in front of the mixing position.

I made sure to be 38% of the way back from the wall and formed an equilateral triangle with the monitors and my head as well as having the monitors equal distance from the side walls.

Thanks for any help!

If anyone has any suggestions on how to make sure the cloud is hung straight and is even that would be amazing...
20th December 2012
Old 20th December 2012
Gear Guru

38% is only a starting point, from there you would want to move forward or back to find the ideal spot.
For the early reflection points I generally recommend 2 (4'x4')panels for the each side wall and ceiling (cloud) but one in each area can work also. For the back wall it really depends on how much of a problem you have and what you are doing for as far as design/budget.
http://gikacoustics.com/early-first-reflection-points/
Also one bass trap in each corner is a good start but plan on adding a lot more.
http://www.gikacoustics.de (German Translation)
404 492 8364 (USA)
+44 (0) 20 7558 8976 (Europe)

Built in Slat design (Scattering/Diffusion) on all Bass Traps click here
21st December 2012
Old 21st December 2012
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Kuras View Post
38% is only a starting point, from there you would want to move forward or back to find the ideal spot.
For the early reflection points I generally recommend 2 (4'x4')panels for the each side wall and ceiling (cloud) but one in each area can work also. For the back wall it really depends on how much of a problem you have and what you are doing for as far as design/budget.
http://gikacoustics.com/early-first-reflection-points/
Also one bass trap in each corner is a good start but plan on adding a lot more.
A "Cloud" necessarily means hanging a panel on the ceiling 90 degrees above the speaker all the way to 90 degrees above the listening position? Or just the reflective point On a ceiling where one can see the speaker from the chair??
Same goes for sidewalls?? Is it good enough to horizontally mount a 4'x2' panel such that It covers both points on each sidewall??
I guess not much can be done with respect to the floor except laying a thick carpet, when the ceiling points are treated that way??
Also, is placing the chair, the starting point & then place speakers by measurement ?
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search