Desperately need home studio advice
pitts2k
19th December 2012
Old 19th December 2012
Gear interested

Desperately need home studio advice

Hello good folk. Shortly before Hurricane Sandy I posted on this forum seeking advice on a home vocal booth setup. Those who responded gave me the excellent advice of pointing me to Owens Corning 703, bass traps etc. I live in New York and my home was affected by the Hurricane so its taken a while for me to tell you how things are going. Attached is a read that I did in 4 different locations in my newly treated vocal booth. They are 4 quick reads edited back-to-back. I have some owens corning 703 and some auralex left over. Please listen to the file and tell me which of the 4 sounds the best or if you think the sound is good or if you think I can use even more oc 703 or auralex or if you think it doesnt sound good at all!! Thanks in advance.
Attached Files
File Type: mp3 Test4.mp3 (1.40 MB, 19 views)
19th December 2012
Old 19th December 2012
Gear Guru

I have crappy head phones but sounds ok to me. And no my financial plan is NOT adequate.

Sorry to hear you have been effected by the storm.
pitts2k
20th December 2012
Old 20th December 2012
Gear interested

Hi Glenn - I appreciate the response. You rock again!!!
23rd December 2012
Old 23rd December 2012
Gear addict

they all sound quite similar to me. nice VO btw.

4 or 5 times listening thru (just a pair of bx8 monitors where i am) i keep coming back to 1, maybe just because there was the least smacking sounds, but i'm trying to be obvective. 2 sounded weaker, distant even, as if you've leaned back a tad away from the mic. i found 3 a hair boomy, the presence being the most powerful here. 4 sounds the most like 1 imo, but becomes almost unusable if only for the mouth sounds (take a sip of water!)

i think they all sound great and certainly usable once cleaned up in the box. tell us the signal path if you don't mind?

edit: best wishes to you and everyone affected by the storm!
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search