Central PA Studio
New Reply
Subscribe
TjTminds
3rd December 2012
Old 3rd December 2012
Gear nut

Central PA Studio

So I'm looking for a bit of help. I recently came into an incredible situation where I have the opportunity to build a brand new facility. I'm trying to be around central/western pa, the best part being I can put the building anywhere theres open land. I'm gunning for a fully function music/post studio with a live room, 2 booths, control room, 5.1 mix room, a small live venue on another side of the building, with a room that will allow me to press vinyl(yes, i'm serious) and potentially room for a small label to operate, or merch or a small record store....etc.....

now I want my live room to be one that everyone wants to use, and that everyone can afford, as well as have it available to rent for producers/engineers on the move, or that just find it to be a cool place and they want to use it.

The post side, I'm gunning more for audio for commercials, and short trailers for now, but I would like the whole facility to have room to expand. I would also like to integrate both sides of the facility to work seem-lessly over a single network. To have control everywhere I can. I have a lot of resources that are getting ready to go to work with me, and I really want to put myself on the map. It could be a time consuming process, but consider this day one. Hopefully if all goes well, I'll have a thread popping up under photo diaries

Consider most of that the tip of the ice berg, I have so many more ideas as well. I've been writing them down and my "colleagues" and I have been adding and taking from the list and hopefully look to start choosing the best ideas here shortly. I have one working on a market analysis and doing a lot of other research in the area as well(I couldn't give him justice if I tried to elaborate further) so we can really do this the right way.

My question is: does anyone have any experience with something like this(I know a lot of you do) that would be willing to let me pick your brain a bit? I'm super excited but I have a lot I need to learn. I don't want to be taken lightly. I'd really appreciate it!
TjTminds
3rd December 2012
Old 3rd December 2012
Gear nut

to add quick:

my father happens to own a contracting company. I know how bias and exaggerated this sounds, but I'm very serious when I say they can build anything, and build it beyond expectation to be humble at that. This means i have a few hookups, so things may go pretty smooth. They'll be helping, and probably building all of it, haha. Literally starting from the ground up. Slab to roof. I ask out of respect, you guys have impressed me so much, and the builds i've followed, read, looked at and learned from have inspired me enough to go for it. I'm aware the long road thats ahead of me, and its gonna be rocky, I won't have a spare and everythings runnin low, but I'm ready for it. One thing the old man taught me well was "if you're gonna do something, you're gonna do it right"

so here i am. lets do it.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search