New Reply
Subscribe
vass
19th November 2012
Old 19th November 2012
Gear Head

Treatment materials and placement question

Hi,

I'm just looking for some advice on the best use of the materials I have. It is redarding acoustic treatment.

So my room is very small at 7'.5" x 9'.5". So far I have superchunks in all the corners from ceiling to about 3' from the floor. This has been done using rockwool loft insulation and is about 22" across each corner.

I now have some (not a lot) loft roll left and I have purchased 3x 100mm rockwool slabs with 100kg/m2 density.

The slabs are for bass absorption mostly as it is a small room. I hope to mount them with an air gap. I had palned to have one at each first reflection point and then one on either front wall, in front of my desk, or the back wall.

Then im thinking would the loft roll be suitable just for first reflections to the left and right of me and that would leave me 3 slabs. One for the back wall and one for the front wall, then the other above that on the corner from front wall to ceiling.

If the loft roll is no use for reflections could I in theory just cut one 2x4 slab into two 2x2 slabs and make smaller first reflection point absorbers leaving 2 full slabs for the fron and back wall.

It would make sense to just buy more rockwool but after everything else I have spent constructing the studio from a garage I am scraping together the last of the funds unfortunately.

I guess my main questions are:

Is low density loft insulation (170mm thickness) suitable for first reflections.
What would you say the priority is for panel placement between the front and rear wall?
Is there anything else I am missing that you could suggest?

Thanks for the help!
19th November 2012
Old 19th November 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vass View Post
Is low density loft insulation (170mm thickness) suitable for first reflections.
Probably yes, but if you want to know for sure, find the flow resistivity value and run the numbers in a porous absorber calculator (for the specific angle of incidence of thorough).

Quote:
Originally Posted by vass View Post
What would you say the priority is for panel placement between the front and rear wall?
Is there anything else I am missing that you could suggest?

Thanks for the help!
4m x 5m x 2.5m room - modal resonance problem

New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search