Workstation & Chair?
7th May 2012
Old 7th May 2012

Workstation & Chair?

Hello, I am trying to build my home studio and I need a workstation and & comfy chair.

My equipment I need to fit on it/around it is:

A Pair of HS50M speakers
KRK K10S subwoofer
A mid sized desktop
A 22inch monitor & possibly an extra 19inch If I have room
Keyboard & mouse
Novation Zero SL MKii
M-Audio Keystation Mini 32
Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DSP Audio Interface

Any recommendations are welcome thanks, and no I have no racks or anything of that sort
jwl
8th May 2012
Old 8th May 2012
jwl
Lives for gear

Ergonomics are very important if you will be spending any length of time at this workstation.

I'm no ergonomics expert, but I did the following and it worked well for me:
  • Start with your listening position, and get your chair height right. Your feet should be flat on the floor when your knees are at a 90 degree angle
  • when sitting up straight with your knees at a 90 degree angle, let your arms hang loosely from your shoulders with your elbows at a 90 degree angle. The keyboard and mouse height should be here.

Etc etc. The good thing about DIY is you can build a workstation to fit yourself.
8th May 2012
Old 8th May 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwl View Post
Ergonomics are very important if you will be spending any length of time at this workstation.

I'm no ergonomics expert, but I did the following and it worked well for me:
  • Start with your listening position, and get your chair height right. Your feet should be flat on the floor when your knees are at a 90 degree angle
  • when sitting up straight with your knees at a 90 degree angle, let your arms hang loosely from your shoulders with your elbows at a 90 degree angle. The keyboard and mouse height should be here.

Etc etc. The good thing about DIY is you can build a workstation to fit yourself.
Thanks for that suggestion, also I ended up getting a desk already since I really couldn't find anything else for the price range, reviews are pretty good so I'm glad.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search