Help me cut down on reflections !!!
OmegaP
15th April 2012
Old 15th April 2012
Gear addict

Help me cut down on reflections !!!

Hello fellow Gearslutz, i was wondering how i could cut down on some of the reflections in my bedroom studio. It small and shitty lol ,but it's all i have for right now. Shoot me some suggestions all info is welcomed and appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Help me cut down on reflections !!!-photo0280.jpg   Help me cut down on reflections !!!-photo0278.jpg   Help me cut down on reflections !!!-photo0279.jpg  
15th April 2012
Old 15th April 2012
Gear maniac

On the cheap-to-free side of things, I would mix at very modest volumes or with headphones to minimize the rooms influence. Have you considered making d.I.y. bass traps using Owens corning 703 or rockwool, and maybe d.i.y.-ing some Diffusers out of wood or styrofoam? Both are relatively cheap if you do them yourself.
Check Ethan Winter or GIK acoustics, I think, or even Auralex, for suggestions as to how to mount them. With bass traps in the corners and Diffusers in a few key spots,maybe a couple auralex-type foam pieces at a few key reflection points, and you'll be in much better shape. The foam alone will help reflections, but you'll also have issues with comb filtering, excessive bass buildup and/or cancellation, and other issues that will plague a small room like this. I'm lucky in that my larger recording space lets me get further from walls and minimise some of this, but you got a lot of sound bounce going on in there to fight, and that makes it more work to treat.
15th April 2012
Old 15th April 2012
If you search the forum a bit you can find that thread where Ethan Winer or Glenn from GIK Acoustics talks about and link information to first reflection points and treating them.

Last edited by dopeboi; 15th April 2012 at 11:58 PM.. Reason: correction
OmegaP
16th April 2012
Old 16th April 2012
Gear addict

Thanks alot fellas much appreciated.
jwl
16th April 2012
Old 16th April 2012
jwl
Lives for gear

16th April 2012