studio signal routing with a yamaha pm 3000
Old 5th March 2012
Gear Head

studio signal routing with a yamaha pm 3000

Hello All,

As some of you may know I am currently in the process of building a project studio called New Vision Recording Studios. I have recently purchased a Yamaha PM3000 40C 40-channel, large format analog mixing console to do all my summing with. Also, I will use it to tie in any analog gear I will obtain as time progresses. However, I am a novice when it comes to a board of this size.

Right now I could use some insight oh how to tie all the connections in…. Let me give you an idea of what I will be doing.

I have set up (or will have) a live room with the control room right next to it ( see my Layout). I will be using the Steinberg MR816's (along with 3 additional 8 channel expantions to make a totla of 48 in/out) for my audio interface into my DAW (cubase 6). I will have a patch bay in the wall that will allow for the mic/line connections into the control room and into my audio interfaces. Then I will come out of my interfaces and into the PM3000 with up to 40 tracks; one per channel of the 40 available on the console. Then using the R & L stereo channels from the console, going back into my DAW with the Stereo, analog, summed track.

My question is…. the PM3000 has 8-group buses, 8-VCA buses, and 8 AUX in's and out's. I want to be able to tie in any of my analog gear so I can apply external analog FX to any channel, which I believe I would be doing via the 8-AUX in's and out's. What I would like to know is, if and how, could I use the console and the interfaces, to create separate headphone mixes for each musician if doing live recordings with out effecting the recording tracks?

Any advice would be great!

Thanks

Brian Vickio
Old 5th March 2012
Gear addict

SSL X-Patch

Totaly kidding.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search