Wll this roof/ceiling keep in most of the sound???
mark.o.s14
24th August 2009
Old 24th August 2009
Gear Head

Smile Wll this roof/ceiling keep in most of the sound???

Hi,
I am building a new 2 roomed studio from scratch in Co. Cork Ireland, I have the walls and floor pretty much sorted, but I still have my doubts about the ceiling and roof!
Here are my plans for it;
6x2 wooden joists will be put on the outer concrete block walls. A layer of chipboard will then be nailed onto the joists for an extra layer of mass. Then a layer of felt to keep the moisture which might get through the tiles out, and 2x1 wooden battens will then be nailed onto the chipboard and into the 6x2 joists. Thick roofing tiles will be put onto the 2x1 battens. Then rockwool will be put between the 6x2 joists. Donnacona board will then be nailed onto the 6x2 wooden joists to keep the rockwool held up. Then an acoustical channel will be drilled onto the donnacona board to separate the layer of drywall to finish the ceiling. The drywall layer will then be drilled onto the acoustical channel.

By the way, now that I know the materials I need, I have no clue what brands of the materials and specs I need!
If someone could give my some of the good brands and types of the materials, it would be hugely appriciated! Especially for the likes of the rockwool, acoustical channel, donnacona board, drywall, and nails/screws I should be using, And isolation clips!

Thanks,
Mark.
mark.o.s14
25th August 2009
Old 25th August 2009
Gear Head

here is a rough picture to show what I hope the studio will look like!
Attached Files
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search