What am I worth?
The Roy Factor
30th December 2012
Old 30th December 2012
Gear Head

What am I worth?

(WHOOPS Accidentally posted this in songwriting...moving this to a new thread...don't know how to delete threads! )

Not sure if I'm in the right spot to post this.

I've been recording for about 2 years now, and I feel like I'm making a lot of progress. In that time I am now a vertified engineer, but I know experience is everything, so that's why I just record ALL the time hoping to get better. I just never have anyone tell me that I suck or that I'm average or anything. I usually just get "it's good, Kurt" and that's it. Nothing ever gets said that makes be break my stupid habits or makes me change the way I look at things. I've started charging people that come in to my humble studio, and I think it's going pretty well. People like the mixes. But I feel like compared to other studios around me, I'm not on the same level. I don't know. I charge $80 PER SONG. Does anyone think I could be charging more or less?

Here's some recent stuff I've done. #1 is more folk/bluegrass, #2 is my solo project, third being a band I did this summerish.

Odd Folk

Sea Salt

Wayne Szalinski

Thank you so much guys. I know this probably is a stupid vague question that doesn't even belong on this thread, but I'd really appreciate if someone gave me something to read so I have something to think about while I mix/track bands/something to cry about.

Thanks again,

-Kurtis.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search