Agencies for bands to get music on commercials?
Old 14th November 2012
Gear Head

Agencies for bands to get music on commercials?

Hi, sorry if this posted in the wrong area but I can't post on the business section?? I am doing this off the iPad app though... ANYWAY, I've had a couple bands ask me how they can get their music on TV, radio etc... commercials and I'd love to be able to point them in the right direction. Could anyone recommend me some agencies I could point them towards?
Old 17th November 2012
Lives for gear

Hi Audio Devil. This has been discussed various times and I have gleaned the same info each time. It would seem like most things music, it is a private party to which few are invited.

However if so inclined, the music must be solicited through a lawyer directly to the agency, or a deal must be struck with a publishing house to act on the authors behalf. I've seen the Harry Fox agency mentioned many times.

Most spots are gobbled up by people they know, is the short answer.

I have seen it mentioned to start a publishing company or a record label to pitch material. Someone more knowledgable here can maybe explain the benefits of this?
Old 17th November 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockorama View Post
Someone more knowledgable here can maybe explain the benefits of this?
I hope so...because I'm curious about this, too.
Old 17th November 2012
Is the OP talking about music libraries, like PumpAudio and Taxi?
Old 18th November 2012
Lives for gear

^^^^

Taxi is not a music library. visit their site for more info
Old 18th November 2012
Lives for gear

one good company for bands to try is Crucial Music. it doesn't cost anything for a band to submit their music to Crucial and if the band is really good they might land a national ad campaign

Quote:
Tanvi Patel is a music licensing executive and President/CEO of Crucial Music, a one-stop agency for licensing independent music to films, TV shows, and commercials. Crucial has placed songs in Academy Award-winning films like Brokeback Mountain and A Beautiful Mind and Emmy-winning TV shows like Six Feet Under, The Office, Vampire Diaries and Boardwalk Empire. She has also worked on music in national commercials for Toyota, DKNY Pure, Royal Caribbean and Jaguar. -- Crucial Music
Old 18th November 2012
Yep ... Crucial Music. They basically act like a well connected publisher but without a publishing deal - so no advance. I've had a couple placements with them. Good people. And they're picky, which is good. They don't have a million-song catalog where your work will get lost.
Old 18th November 2012
Gear Head

Splendid! I'm just looking at Crucial Music. I take it Taxi also do the same thing? But as its a paid membership does this mean acts have better chance of their working landing in the right hands?
Old 18th November 2012
No, paying for Taxi only guarantees that you're out $300 bucks. And I know for a fact that Crucial Music uses them. Go straight to Crucial Music. Not saying Taxi is bad, just saying there are much cheaper ways to give your music a chance. If you can afford it, do the Taxi thing as well.
Old 19th November 2012
Gear Head

Cheers buddy! Much appreciate the info.
Old 22nd November 2012
Gear interested

Most spots are gobbled up by people they know, is the short answer.

--------------------------
Witness Another Success Story for Film Industry in The Simpsons Season 23 DVD
Old 22nd November 2012
Lives for gear

I manage a catalog. Email me, and we'll talk... ;-)

PS, anybody who makes you pay to submit tracks is bogus...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777
Old 23rd November 2012
Lives for gear

Old 24th November 2012
Lives for gear

Great Thread

Glad I read this, good info
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search