Im a big fan of Dr. Luke. I love his work. His production techniques are fairly simple. The ace up his sleeve are his melodies !
His song follow this route in most songs. Though there maybe a few exceptions.
1.Starts of with a very catchy riff.
2.A simple club beat in the verses, with no hi hats ,or only 8th note closed high hats.
3. Very minimalistic instrumentation in the verse.
4.Going into a High vocal chorus, adds a layer of synths (very bright), introduces white noise, and the open Hi Hats are playing 16th notes.
5. Bass and Synths are side chained giving a pumpy feel.
6.Lots of vocal editing and cutting towards the end of the chorus.
7. Sometimes introducing a part of the chorus in the verse so that listener sub consciously knows the chorus when it comes.
8. A variation of the phrasing of the rhythm in Verse 2
9. Adding back up vocals in chorus and Verse 2
10. Short bridge often relying the vocalist rapping and changing the riff and chopped rhythm.
11. Repeat chorus with added elements to create crescendo.
This is what I can think of, on top of my head. It would be interesting to see what others notice and pick up in his productions.