Login / Register

Recorded 1,816 Songs Featuring Every Girl Name Imaginable, Soon To Be iphone App!
New Reply
Subscribe
AlecTAC
30th September 2012
Old 30th September 2012
Gear interested

Recorded 1,816 Songs Featuring Every Girl Name Imaginable, Soon To Be iphone App!

Persongalize - YouTube

ALRIGHT WELL……..looking back a year ago when conceiving this idea, we thought it would be far too impossible to even attempt. We tried anyway. So, after months and months of recording/writing its finally finished: “Persongalize”, a one of a kind personal song generator, featuring thousands of different girl names available in the rock, pop and country genres. Yes, someone, (Karlton Tillman), had to sing 1,816 names into these tracks, TWICE, since each name is sung twice in each song. Theres so much to explain, I think it will speak for itself but I would enjoy telling you guys how exactly we pulled it off. (I’ll even show you the massive pro tools project files). Ask anything! We are extremely excited about this project, we have put just about all of our faith, money and time into it and we would just LOVE all of you if you could share or even just get your chick a song, (before someone else does) lol. The app is coming out soon, as well as on the android platform and facebook. For now all the songs and chick songs are available on itunes HERE: <a href="http://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/persongalize/id554791722?uo=4" target="itunes_store">Persongalize</a>

Check out Persongalize's sounds on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free to hear the songs with demo names in them!

Don’t forget to like the facebook page either: Persongalize | Facebook

THANK YOU!!!
30th September 2012
Old 30th September 2012
Gear Guru

As someone who once set out to break a writer's block (worked) by writing an album of girl name songs based on the then-current distaff roster at my favorite coffee house, I'm charmed by the idea.

Let me ask though, is this one song template that's been tinkered to be able to receive the name(s) in question? Or something more...?

TK Major: social, biz, and music stuff | a crisp, flat design restyle for GS: Gray GS 2.2 for Chrome/Stylebot

People make oceans of music and only a tiny, tiny amount ever rises up for a few moments like a wave, visible from the shore. And then it's gone, too, back into the bottomless sea of forgotten music.
TK Major
. The Forgotify Files
AlecTAC
30th September 2012
Old 30th September 2012
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblue1 View Post
As someone who once set out to break a writer's block (worked) by writing an album of girl name songs based on the then-current distaff roster at my favorite coffee house, I'm charmed by the idea.

Let me ask though, is this one song template that's been tinkered to be able to receive the name(s) in question? Or something more...?
That's awesome, did you complete it and how were the reactions!? Yes, there are three different songs, a name with any amount of syllables works in each one. With this being our first debut, we wanted to to make the first batch of songs as universal as possible to make everyone happy. We'll be writing more songs with different subjects, genres, genders etc.......it will be very time consuming to do this, but it's been fun so far.
1st October 2012
Old 1st October 2012
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlecTAC View Post
That's awesome, did you complete it and how were the reactions!? Yes, there are three different songs, a name with any amount of syllables works in each one. With this being our first debut, we wanted to to make the first batch of songs as universal as possible to make everyone happy. We'll be writing more songs with different subjects, genres, genders etc.......it will be very time consuming to do this, but it's been fun so far.
Sound like a lot of fun -- and hard work.

My own project was fun. The girls were all properly flattered -- even when the songs weren't, themselves, flattering. I had made it very clear that the songs were simply using their names as starting places and were not about them. Still, a couple girls said, No, that sort of rang true. And a couple BF's acted, let's say, proprietary for a while after that. I'd considered a stamped CD release -- this was back in '96 when that made a little more sense -- but I'd sort of made the project my 'return to rock' after doing various outsider/mutant pop/electronica projects. By the time I had 12 songs, I was sick of rock all over again.

(In fact, the 11th was more electronic pop and the 12th was straight lounge -- hampered by a scratch sax synth track that never got filled in by the real thing when my chosen sax player's career took off ... so, basically I only finished 11 and only 10 actually sounded like they belonged on the same album. It never went much past sneaker-distro. But it was fun.)
1st October 2012
Old 1st October 2012
Lives for gear

My wife's name isn't in there but mine is.
AlecTAC
1st October 2012
Old 1st October 2012
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by initialsBB View Post
Ha, whats her name, we'll add it to the list.
1st October 2012
Old 1st October 2012
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by initialsBB View Post
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search