Post your "finished" demos here
29th February 2012
Old 29th February 2012
Gear interested

1st March 2012
Old 1st March 2012
Gear addict

I second the opinion that a bit of piano would do wonders for this already strong track. I also love the descending lead guitar line. Just wonder what that might sound like with a very clean Fender Strat? Nice job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclenny View Post
Damn!

Percussion sounds great. I was hearing a B3 come sneaking in first time at around 1:00.....then maybe some piano a bit later (1:35?).

This tune is hot and tight.

Love the vox at around 2:24.

Just getting a new one up myself.........
1st March 2012
Old 1st March 2012
Gear interested

2nd March 2012
Old 2nd March 2012
has all the gear he needs

I don't know about Folk Rock. I'd say just Real Serious music.

And if the world should fall apart
I'll open the window and fly

Yeah.

Good tune.
2nd March 2012
Old 2nd March 2012
Gear addict

2nd March 2012
Old 2nd March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdstreets View Post
I second the opinion that a bit of piano would do wonders for this already strong track. I also love the descending lead guitar line. Just wonder what that might sound like with a very clean Fender Strat? Nice job!
Thanks...Yea that line was played by a semi clean, just breaking up strat through AC30 layered with acoustic but there was talk of layering in some clean Rick electric 12 string Might happen....
2nd March 2012
Old 2nd March 2012
Gear interested

Quote:
I don't know about Folk Rock. I'd say just Real Serious music.

And if the world should fall apart
I'll open the window and fly

Yeah.

Good tune.
Thanks for the kind words sir!
2nd March 2012
Old 2nd March 2012
Lives for gear

#191 Hope - still sound compressed to hell.
#200 one-way-conversation compressed to hell
#204 This sounds ok but still a lot of compression on these mixes, Why? Auto tuned to **** though... I like the bit @1:46 I think, maybe I was bored and it was a bit of excitement.
#210 Yeah I think I've heard this before, it's a bit scarey
#212 elmwood-cemetery - yeah I like this, I think the beat @2:04 towards in the end doesn't match the mood and vibe though, it's doing double time and really should be at tempo, you know what I mean? I can hear some nice sparse drums with big reverbs on them carrying the tempo nicely. The ending is nice, but again the drums are just wrong - keep it simple...
#217 hope - didn't play
#223 home - very good, would like to hear it with a proper orchestra, not just midi instruments. Ending wasn't as dramatic as I hoped it would be - I'm being outrageously very very picky
#224 jesus christ my ears have just been destroyed! Compressed to HEEELLLL!!!
#230 I like this, should vocals be louder? Best one so far, great! Not sure about the very quiet middle 8, but that might be a good thing. Like the lyrics. Not sure about the vocal fx at times, a bit distracting?
#234 Sounds good, but it's gonna be compressed to shit init! Yep - COMPRESSED!!!
#236 I don't think I like this. Yeah I don't like it.
#242 This sounds ok. Yeah this is good remix, some interesting stuff happening with the sounds. Lots of dynamics too.
#244 This sounds ok but the vocal reverb is baaaad. Much better when it kicks in. I like this, not sure the compression is enough though! Only joking :| Too much compression once again! **** me!!!
#246 I like this, Fairlight CMI eh? Too much compression AGAIN! The songs ok, but I do quite like early 80's stuff.
#248 The hats are too loud! I like when it comes in with the "band" sounds. Needs vocals dunnit!
2nd March 2012
Old 2nd March 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieB View Post
#191 Hope - still sound compressed to hell.
#200 one-way-conversation compressed to hell
#204 This sounds ok but still a lot of compression on these mixes, Why? Auto tuned to **** though... I like the bit @1:46 I think, maybe I was bored and it was a bit of excitement.
#210 Yeah I think I've heard this before, it's a bit scarey
#212 elmwood-cemetery - yeah I like this, I think the beat @2:04 towards in the end doesn't match the mood and vibe though, it's doing double time and really should be at tempo, you know what I mean? I can hear some nice sparse drums with big reverbs on them carrying the tempo nicely. The ending is nice, but again the drums are just wrong - keep it simple...
#217 hope - didn't play
#223 home - very good, would like to hear it with a proper orchestra, not just midi instruments. Ending wasn't as dramatic as I hoped it would be - I'm being outrageously very very picky
#224 jesus christ my ears have just been destroyed! Compressed to HEEELLLL!!!
#230 I like this, should vocals be louder? Best one so far, great! Not sure about the very quiet middle 8, but that might be a good thing. Like the lyrics. Not sure about the vocal fx at times, a bit distracting?
#234 Sounds good, but it's gonna be compressed to shit init! Yep - COMPRESSED!!!
#236 I don't think I like this. Yeah I don't like it.
#242 This sounds ok. Yeah this is good remix, some interesting stuff happening with the sounds. Lots of dynamics too.
#244 This sounds ok but the vocal reverb is baaaad. Much better when it kicks in. I like this, not sure the compression is enough though! Only joking :| Too much compression once again! **** me!!!
#246 I like this, Fairlight CMI eh? Too much compression AGAIN! The songs ok, but I do quite like early 80's stuff.
#248 The hats are too loud! I like when it comes in with the "band" sounds. Needs vocals dunnit!
Thanks for the tips!
2nd March 2012
Old 2nd March 2012
Gear addict

[QUOTE=sventvkg;7494748]Really some nice stuff on here guys. I'll comment more when i get a min because i'm in the studio all day right now...Here's something I pitched to George Jones for his last studio album. Little GV Demo..Not mastered though.

http://soundcloud.com/seanmormelo/take-the-bottle

Nice, sort of Jim Croce-esque

Ty Ford
3rd March 2012
Old 3rd March 2012
Lives for gear

[QUOTE=Ty Ford;7627380]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sventvkg View Post
Really some nice stuff on here guys. I'll comment more when i get a min because i'm in the studio all day right now...Here's something I pitched to George Jones for his last studio album. Little GV Demo..Not mastered though.

http://soundcloud.com/seanmormelo/take-the-bottle

Nice, sort of Jim Croce-esque

Ty Ford
Croce Eh? Thinking more Steve Earle-country story telling but I'll take it! Thanks for listening.
3rd March 2012
Old 3rd March 2012
Lives for gear

Here's one we just got finished with...I'm pitching it to Toby Keith and Trace Adkins and I'd love Brad Paisley to hear it even though he's probably not looking right now...

http://soundcloud.com/seanmormelo/my-plan
3rd March 2012
Old 3rd March 2012
Gear interested

4th March 2012
Old 4th March 2012

Quote:
Here's one we just got finished with...I'm pitching it to Toby Keith and Trace Adkins and I'd love Brad Paisley to hear it even though he's probably not looking right now...

http://soundcloud.com/seanmormelo/my-plan
DAMN, son! You DO know how to put a country song together.

You keep doing this and you know your going to hit one out of the park soon.
4th March 2012
Old 4th March 2012
4th March 2012
Old 4th March 2012
Gear interested

@ DavieB - thanks for taking the time to listen and comment back. Must have taken you a long time and I really appreciate your comments.

I've just finished another remix, this time a Beardyman track called Vampire Skank. Comments appreciated as I was well out of my comfort zone with this one...

http://soundcloud.com/northern-contingent/vampire-skank-remix-relevelled

Cheers!
4th March 2012
Old 4th March 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarplexus311 View Post
Got another one. Please let me know how it is mix-wise and songwriting-wise. Thanks!!
I really enjoyed listening to this one. It's a good song that flows along nicely....kept me fully engaged right to the end.

Good mix as well...nicely balanced.

There were a couple of places where you had some synth stuff way out at the edges and that stuck out a bit to me, as did the clicky element of those cool keys at the end.
5th March 2012
Old 5th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northerner_V1 View Post
@ DavieB - thanks for taking the time to listen and comment back. Must have taken you a long time and I really appreciate your comments.

I've just finished another remix, this time a Beardyman track called Vampire Skank. Comments appreciated as I was well out of my comfort zone with this one...

Cheers!
I normally don't like remixes, BUT, this one kept me fully engaged.
5th March 2012
Old 5th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarplexus311 View Post
Got another one. Please let me know how it is mix-wise and songwriting-wise. Thanks!!

http://soundcloud.com/mondosband/sleeping-beauty
LOUD sound @ 1:49! What was that?
Nice tune, but, I don't find myself humming the hook. Still like it.
5th March 2012
Old 5th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
DAMN, son! You DO know how to put a country song together.

You keep doing this and you know your going to hit one out of the park soon.
Thanks Sir! We think it's just a matter of time and we think the kind of production we are doing is where the Country Radio format is going...God, wait till ya hear the next one I post! LOL...LOTS of synths etc..No one is producing country on the row like that...YET.
5th March 2012
Old 5th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northerner_V1 View Post

Cheers!
Yeah it's an interesting remix. Not keen on the melody / song etc but as far as "remixing" goes it's interesting.
5th March 2012
Old 5th March 2012
Gear interested

@memphisindie and DavieB - again, thanks very much for listening and your positive words. I'm just getting back into music making via the strange route of remixes (never done them before). Am quite enjoying it but its more to build confidence really. Thanks again!
11th March 2012
Old 11th March 2012
Gear interested

11th March 2012
Old 11th March 2012
Gear maniac

11th March 2012
Old 11th March 2012
Gear addict

There seems to be only an A part. I think if it's as long as it is, it needs a B and/or C part.

Regards,

Ty Ford
11th March 2012
Old 11th March 2012
Gear maniac

Are you trying to get this picked up by a major label? I'm going to be honest, it's not even close to commercial enough for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcnoodle90 View Post
Hey guys

I posted earlier and I just found out my link broke or something so you couldn't listen to my song. Ill post a new one too. I'm trying to get both fully ready to send out to labels and some contacts i have in the industry any criticism would be a huge help! Thanks so much guys!

http://soundcloud.com/huunterdemos/this-is-not-an-exit

http://soundcloud.com/huunterdemos/hope
11th March 2012
Old 11th March 2012
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTJazz View Post
Are you trying to get this picked up by a major label? I'm going to be honest, it's not even close to commercial enough for that.
Haha no, I don't hold any illusions that this is commercial enough for a major label or anything. I was more referring to more artsy indie labels. Thanks for your honesty though
12th March 2012
Old 12th March 2012
Lives for gear

12th March 2012
Old 12th March 2012

Quote:
Do you think a radio country format artist could cut this?
Yep.

One thing...that 'form of art' lyric bothered me a bit.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search