Old 8th May 2012
Gear interested

8th May 2012
Old 8th May 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphisindie View Post
Nice,
If Johnny Cash and Roy Orbison had a kid, musically, it would be you. Lyrically you're your own man.
The mix is nice and smooth.
Thanks man :-)

Quote:
I think I'd give that guitar line just a bit more heft, but, just the picking part that fills the space, the tagline so to speak, maybe up the bass and kick just a hair, BUT, I'm digging just to give those suggestions so take'em with a grain.
I will try out these ideas. I have a problem where the bass is turning into an amophous blob - even though when I solo it it doesn't appear to be very bassy - in fact it doesn't seem to have much low end and has a lot of 'growl' which is not really what I want.

Quote:
Congrats on going back to work.
Soundcloud is good because we have a header for it that lets you click a song without leaving the thread. Plus you get even more fans than RN from it.
I will have to get a soundcloud again. I'm most concerned about feedback on the mixes to make them the best I can given what I have to work with - the way I figure I've managed my whole life without fans :-) I think I might have posted in the wrong room as the focus in the songwriting forum seems to be about songwriting (imagine that :-).
8th May 2012
Old 8th May 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckduffy View Post
Thanks man :-)

I will try out these ideas. I have a problem where the bass is turning into an amophous blob - even though when I solo it it doesn't appear to be very bassy - in fact it doesn't seem to have much low end and has a lot of 'growl' which is not really what I want.

I will have to get a soundcloud again. I'm most concerned about feedback on the mixes to make them the best I can given what I have to work with - the way I figure I've managed my whole life without fans :-) I think I might have posted in the wrong room as the focus in the songwriting forum seems to be about songwriting (imagine that :-).
You're alright... hey, you may have to roll off more low end or roll it off at a higher frequency
But better than that,
If you can find what it's competing with, you could automate the roll off on that track instead so that when the lead comes in it can take over the low end a bit more. Be careful, you don't want that to be obvious. Automate both rolloffs to work in tandem to keep it real, .

I won't use pitch correcting software. I use "coaching" maybe you've heard of it. It keeps working even when you don't have it on.
8th May 2012
Old 8th May 2012
Lives for gear

8th May 2012
Old 8th May 2012
Gear interested

8th May 2012
Old 8th May 2012
has all the gear he needs

Wrote this one for a soundtrack kind of thing. Wasn't sure where I was going with it. It ended up being kind of serious.

Out of the studio for a bit so I can catch up on my listening.

Before We Fade

Leonard Scaper
8th May 2012
Old 8th May 2012
Gear interested

Quote:
The lead guitar needs to come forward and it is also too low.
Other than that...
WOW!
Very nice tune! I could hum that, great hook, flows well without a hitch, recording sits together well except for the lead guitar.
What else ya got?
That one would definitely have me looking into you. (assuming that IS you)
Thanks for the kudos memphisindie and cowboycoalminer. Fortunately that is me singing and playing the guitar I just released an entire album of material on iTunes under the band name Driven. Here's the link in case you want to check it out: iTunes - Music - Driven by Driven

The entire album was recorded in my friend's basement - took about a year to finish. Total labor of love.
8th May 2012
Old 8th May 2012
Gear Head

Smile

8th May 2012
Old 8th May 2012
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokip View Post
I sang/wrote

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokip View Post
I played/engineered

If I were you I would make a new arrangement ... awful sounDesign sorry
9th May 2012
Old 9th May 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenBand View Post
Thanks for the kudos memphisindie and cowboycoalminer. Fortunately that is me singing and playing the guitar I just released an entire album of material on iTunes under the band name Driven. Here's the link in case you want to check it out: iTunes - Music - Driven by Driven

The entire album was recorded in my friend's basement - took about a year to finish. Total labor of love.
Hey man - I checked out the stuff on soundcloud and it all sounds great BUT got a question for you - I clicked on the itunes link and the 'influencers' are Kyuss and Monster Magnet?!?!?. I'm not getting that at all, unless I'm listening to the wrong tracks :-)
9th May 2012
Old 9th May 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Case View Post
I could try to pin "James Taylor" on you but then again.... no, it just sounds like you.
Cool......

Thanks, man.

Lets hear how that 251 sounds on you.
9th May 2012
Old 9th May 2012
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckduffy View Post
Hey man - I checked out the stuff on soundcloud and it all sounds great BUT got a question for you - I clicked on the itunes link and the 'influencers' are Kyuss and Monster Magnet?!?!?. I'm not getting that at all, unless I'm listening to the wrong tracks :-)
Yeah - unfortunately there was another band called Driven about 10 years ago that released an EP so iTunes is intermingling our listing. Definitely no Kyuss or Monster Magnet influences in my stuff - Zeppelin, Dave Matthews, Foofighters, and The Script are more fitting. Not sure if I can get iTunes to update the Influencers but I'll check into it. Thanks for pointing that out and glad you liked the stuff on SC.
9th May 2012
Old 9th May 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenBand View Post
Yeah - unfortunately there was another band called Driven about 10 years ago that released an EP so iTunes is intermingling our listing. Definitely no Kyuss or Monster Magnet influences in my stuff - Zeppelin, Dave Matthews, Foofighters, and The Script are more fitting. Not sure if I can get iTunes to update the Influencers but I'll check into it. Thanks for pointing that out and glad you liked the stuff on SC.
Yeah - I thought I was losing it for a minute - the other section below lists 'sounds like' - Queens of the Stone Age... Anyway - great job on your tunes. It's not a style I listen to often, but it's all brimming with quality - best of luck on the sales.
9th May 2012
Old 9th May 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpidemicPop View Post
Hey guys, here's a song written and performed by me that was produced by a studio in Stockholm. Would be great to hear what you think!

Love Unwanted by ThelmaLebert on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
Grattis till vinsten. Låter superproffsigt, greppar totalt att du vann

Fick jag önska nåt i form av en åsikt skulle jag säga såhär. Texten är klurig och smart och ”känns” inte som produktionen låter. Låten är mera singer/songwriter än Cheiron-pop. Men kör på och gör det som känns bäst för det brukar oftast stämma i långa loppet

Tjing /Bo

PS If ur desperate for translation --> Google Translate DS
9th May 2012
Old 9th May 2012
Gear interested

here's one off my mixtape hip hop

10th May 2012
Old 10th May 2012
Gear nut

10th May 2012
Old 10th May 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclenny View Post
Wrote this one for a soundtrack kind of thing. Wasn't sure where I was going with it. It ended up being kind of serious.

Out of the studio for a bit so I can catch up on my listening.

Before We Fade
Lenny, could you open a soundcloud account?
It would be cool to be able to just click start without leaving the page.
I like this song. Not overdone. I think you should come out with your own record. Hit that tunecore man. You have your own sound.
10th May 2012
Old 10th May 2012
Lives for gear

10th May 2012
Old 10th May 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Thing View Post
Here's a song that me and my crust-band did a few months back. We got a couple more songs on the soundcloud if you like it.

Comments?

http://soundcloud.com/atgardslandet/stabbed-in-the-back
I HATE this kind of music, but, I get sought out to record it a LOT, and this has potential, man, not bad at all. Again, you swedes seem to have some kind of gene that makes good music fall out of you. You are making me hate it a lot less. Well Done!
10th May 2012
Old 10th May 2012
Gear interested

10th May 2012
Old 10th May 2012
Lives for gear

That is a weird beat and that drum roll is ODD, you wouldn't happen to be scots would you?
My daughter liked this one straight outta the gate. I like the happy vibe, it's cool. That snare action is biting me, I'm not sure about it, maybe a little work on that but, it's definitely got some meat and vibe to it. Well done!

I like the other tunes on your page too. Very nice. Keep up the good work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP1098 View Post
My brother and I wrote, performed, recorded, produced and engineered this tune. Would love feedback of any kind. Thanks all.

Life You Love by The Putman Brothers on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
11th May 2012
Old 11th May 2012
Lives for gear

Yeah, that roll feels off and weird. Also, I really want it to open out but it never really does. It needs a part which lifts it up from the verse register into something different. You're waiting for a big-ass hook which never really comes. The verse part is very good though.

Definitely has a scots vibe to it.
11th May 2012
Old 11th May 2012

Quote:
You have your own sound.
Thanks, man......I love hearing that.
11th May 2012
Old 11th May 2012
Gear addict

Last edited by dick swifter; 11th May 2012 at 07:17 PM.. Reason: Soundcloud Problem
11th May 2012
Old 11th May 2012
Gear interested

The Dream

11th May 2012
Old 11th May 2012
Gear maniac

12th May 2012
Old 12th May 2012
Gear maniac

Was A Girl

12th May 2012
Old 12th May 2012
Gear addict

12th May 2012
Old 12th May 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dick swifter View Post
Vocals down 1-2 dB
Sounds good man!
Point taken and thanks. Immensly appriciated

Regards /Bo
12th May 2012
Old 12th May 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by danerius View Post
Vocals up 1-2 dB
Quote:
Originally Posted by dick swifter View Post
Vocals down 1-2 dB
I actually think the vocals are sitting quite nicely in both songs.

New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search