cranesong spider...
Old 25th December 2003
Gear nut

cranesong spider...

Hey evry1! Im looking for something much like the Cranesong Spider, 8 pres with high quality A/D converters that sound better than the Digi converters on HD. I need something a little bit cheaper than the Spider. Any suggestions?
THNX.
Old 25th December 2003
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

There's 8 channel pres and 8 channel converters all over the place. All in one packages really limit your options. Check out ATI, Sytek or Seventh Circle Audio (1272, API & Hardy semi-clones also maybe out of your price point) as far as pres. I'm not the one to ask on 8 channel converters...

No matter what you get, it will be a hefty step down in quality from the Spider so long as it's cheaper. The spider is a steal considering what you get.
Old 25th December 2003
Lives for gear

Like Jbuntz said, it's going to be a step down if you go lower in cost. Even 8 channels of OSA preamps and a Mytek 8x96 (which are about the biggest bang-for-the buck pieces around right now, looking specifically at cost per channel) are about the same price as the Spider.
Old 25th December 2003
Lives for gear

Speaking of the Spider, is there still a waiting list for these or are they readily available ?

Rob
Old 27th December 2003
member no 666

We stock them at our shop... so there generally isn't a wait. I can't talk about the other shops.

It's usually 6-8 weeks from order to delivery from Crane Song... we just order them in advance.
Old 27th December 2003
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by NathanEldred
Like Jbuntz said, it's going to be a step down if you go lower in cost. Even 8 channels of OSA preamps and a Mytek 8x96 (which are about the biggest bang-for-the buck pieces around right now, looking specifically at cost per channel) are about the same price as the Spider.
and your still missing the summing on that rig you just mentioned...
Old 27th December 2003
Gear nut

Im on my way to convincing my boss to get the spider. He thinks we should just go for the Digi PRE, but not if I can help it tutt
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search