Does mytek 96 adc improves the quality
New Reply
Subscribe
risingson8
24th July 2013
Old 24th July 2013
Gear interested

Does mytek 96 adc improves the quality

hey guys i have a rme ff 400 and i m not happy with ad converting and im planinng to buy mytek stereo adc 96 so does it improve the quality of analog to digital
24th July 2013
Old 24th July 2013
Lives for gear

Are you listening to the analog output of your mic preamps and not happy with what the converters do to the signal? Or not happy with the recording and guessing its the converters?

I'm constantly amazed how many people throw out reviews of conversion like "transparent" and "colored" having not actually heard the analog output of their preamps.

You're running the system at 88.2khz or 48khz?
Older archives:
My work--now available in linear PCM for download!
risingson8
25th July 2013
Old 25th July 2013
Gear interested

thanks for feedback first of all i ve worked many converters like digi 003 presonus motu finally rme.. rme is bang for the buck i admit that ...im recording (usualy) 44.1 for my korg m3 ...i search all over the internet about adding converters to rme ff 400 ...some people say mytek is way to go for ad some people says it makes no diffrence but i need more tranparent sound for the instruments and the beats also im using ua 710 preamp i need to improve the sound quality a little bit not too much i m not expecting to record like interscope : ) just a little bit
25th July 2013
Old 25th July 2013
Lives for gear

In my opinion, this is a really loaded question.

As converters are basically the final step into the computer, they can obviously make a big difference--specifically between something professional and consumer/prosumer. However, there are so many steps before conversion that need to be considered every bit as much as conversion (if not WAY more than conversion).

How does the source ACTUALLY sound in the room? Is the room controlled? Is the performance good? Is the mic placed and responding how you want it to sound? How is the preamp affecting the signal--is it complimenting, or is it ruining what you're trying to capture because it's a crappy, noisy design?

So in summary, yes, a good adc converter can definitely improve the capturing of a source; however, there are many other factors that must be considered and examined before any one of us (from afar) can say, "Yes, upgrading to a better converter will accomplish ______."

To me, it sounds like you need to concentrate more on dialing in your sounds and mixing in post. I've heard a lot of great records recorded on what would typically be considered sub-par converters... just depends on the people using them and/or making the mixes.

Then again, I do understand the concern when layering sound after sound on top of each other... clarity does come into play for sure in this case. Best bet is to do a comparison yourself and see if you hear a difference. *But I have to stress again other factors: like how is your mixing room treated? What speakers are you using? Etc.

Brad
25th July 2013
Old 25th July 2013

My Recordings/Credits

Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_monkey
Almost certainly, it's not your conversion that's the problem here.
25th July 2013
Old 25th July 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingson8 View Post
hey guys i have a rme ff 400 and i m not happy with ad converting and im planinng to buy mytek stereo adc 96 so does it improve the quality of analog to digital
I had Rme adi-2 and i liked my soundcard's conversion better (mackie 400f). I went to mytek and liked the conversion way better than my soundcard. That says it all i guess.

Recording, Mixing and Mastering services
Info: timelessrecording@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Timel...35337716510524
25th July 2013
Old 25th July 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
im recording (usualy) 44.1 for my korg m3 ...
Since you're recording a digital instrument, why not use a digital connection in the first place and avoid conversion altogether?
risingson8
25th July 2013
Old 25th July 2013
Gear interested

thanks for the all reply guys but i said that i dont need big big big improvement for the a to d ...okay im using pro tools 10 hd sometimes i record 44.1 especcially when im recording synths with korg m3 but the conversation quality is how can i say.. it should be more transparent and not cloudy rme converters are ok but just ok not a big achievement in the recording science ...everyone says (who has used mytek 96) it gives much clarity to mids and hi s thats what i need exatcly
25th July 2013
Old 25th July 2013

My Recordings/Credits

Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_monkey
Quote:
thanks for the all reply guys but i said that i dont need big big big improvement for the a to d ...okay im using pro tools 10 hd sometimes i record 44.1 especcially when im recording synths with korg m3 but the conversation quality is how can i say.. it should be more transparent and not cloudy rme converters are ok but just ok not a big achievement in the recording science ...everyone says (who has used mytek 96) it gives much clarity to mids and hi s thats what i need exatcly
Well, if you know what you need, go for it! But if your rme is currently "cloudy" there's something else wrong. I would say rme are much better than "ok".

If I've ever helped you with a technical problem or provided you with advice you found useful, you can more than repay me by checking out, and maybe buying a couple of songs, by a singer I'm working closely with. It would be much appreciated!

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/preorder/...an/id513648911

http://www.amazon.com/Jack-Robert-Ha...robert+hardman

</Shameless Plug>
risingson8
25th July 2013
Old 25th July 2013
Gear interested

lol yea rme units re good im not against the rme company but there is a but its actually not cloudy sorry for my language but in the mixing the sounds lost their detail i can hear that im not comparing myself with a good engineering studio ...i just think there is a missing chain about converting i could be wrong ...u probably know much more about converting and mixing ...i just need to recieve sound much detailed before mixing )
25th July 2013
Old 25th July 2013
Lives for gear

So, you're unhappy with the sound compared to professional recordings.

Not the conversion.
28th July 2013
Old 28th July 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by krushing View Post
Since you're recording a digital instrument, why not use a digital connection in the first place and avoid conversion altogether?
I quoteth myself. The M3 has S/PDIF outs. The RME has S/PDIF ins. Use them. You'll get *exactly* what's coming out of the M3 - no conversion involved.
28th July 2013
Old 28th July 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by krushing View Post
I quoteth myself. The M3 has S/PDIF outs. The RME has S/PDIF ins. Use them. You'll get *exactly* what's coming out of the M3 - no conversion involved.
Word. Didn't realize this.
risingson8
31st July 2013
Old 31st July 2013
Gear interested

yea krushing that was so helpful thanks bro ...an information like 24k gold )
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search