New Reply
Subscribe
Ksp
21st July 2013
Old 21st July 2013
Gear addict

Yamaha rev5 love ?

Any yamaha rev 5 users here ?

i loved the spx i had until it stopped working and been wondering about grabbing a rev 5.

I love artificial verbs and also coloured fx , hows the rev 5 ? artificial as you like i guess.

always wondered how it compared to the rev 1 also for small ambience etc ?
21st July 2013
Old 21st July 2013
Gear addict

Send a message via AIM to countrymetalguy
I own two of the rev7 units and there really cool. Way easier to edit that the SPX series IMHO.
Alpharetta GA.
22nd July 2013
Old 22nd July 2013
Gear maniac

Rev 5 is infinitely superior to Rev 7. Not as grainy and much smoother tails. I'll never sell mine. Great unit.
22nd July 2013
Old 22nd July 2013
Gear addict

Send a message via AIM to countrymetalguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by claveslave View Post
Rev 5 is infinitely superior to Rev 7. Not as grainy and much smoother tails. I'll never sell mine. Great unit.
Agreed.. 5s sound better, but the 7 has a graininess that does sound cool on drums..
2 Weeks Ago
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Gear Head

I had a REV1, and I have a couple of REV5s, and honestly I prefer the REV5. I feel that every aspect of the sound, options, and interface were refined in it. (The remote on the REV1 is really, really cool of course -- when it works).

It's well-known that the Yamaha Early Reflection programs are awesome, and I agree. They almost do an 1176-ish thing to vocals in my opinion, where they brighten and accentuate in a certain way. Another thing to do with the Early Reflection is to increase the Room Size and Feedback way beyond normal settings and get some cool non-lin effects. My favorite algorithm of this type is called Live Reference.

Also, I think one thing that is underrated on the Yamaha units is the actual reverb. I don't like the presets much, but if you really tweak the "Internal" settings (on a weirdly-located button) you can get much richer, thicker reverbs out of it than it is known for. I love the "Room Echo" algorithm with the Space Mod and the Rev2 (which is a whole other parallel reverb) cranked up, with lots of pre-delay. All this stuff is turned off on most presets by default, inexplicably...

rs
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search