Yamaha rev5 love ?
Ksp
21st July 2013
Old 21st July 2013
Gear addict

Yamaha rev5 love ?

Any yamaha rev 5 users here ?

i loved the spx i had until it stopped working and been wondering about grabbing a rev 5.

I love artificial verbs and also coloured fx , hows the rev 5 ? artificial as you like i guess.

always wondered how it compared to the rev 1 also for small ambience etc ?
21st July 2013
Old 21st July 2013
Gear addict

My Studio

I own two of the rev7 units and there really cool. Way easier to edit that the SPX series IMHO.
22nd July 2013
Old 22nd July 2013
Gear maniac

Rev 5 is infinitely superior to Rev 7. Not as grainy and much smoother tails. I'll never sell mine. Great unit.
22nd July 2013
Old 22nd July 2013
Gear addict

My Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by claveslave View Post
Rev 5 is infinitely superior to Rev 7. Not as grainy and much smoother tails. I'll never sell mine. Great unit.
Agreed.. 5s sound better, but the 7 has a graininess that does sound cool on drums..
9th July 2014
Old 9th July 2014
Gear Head

I had a REV1, and I have a couple of REV5s, and honestly I prefer the REV5. I feel that every aspect of the sound, options, and interface were refined in it. (The remote on the REV1 is really, really cool of course -- when it works).

It's well-known that the Yamaha Early Reflection programs are awesome, and I agree. They almost do an 1176-ish thing to vocals in my opinion, where they brighten and accentuate in a certain way. Another thing to do with the Early Reflection is to increase the Room Size and Feedback way beyond normal settings and get some cool non-lin effects. My favorite algorithm of this type is called Live Reference.

Also, I think one thing that is underrated on the Yamaha units is the actual reverb. I don't like the presets much, but if you really tweak the "Internal" settings (on a weirdly-located button) you can get much richer, thicker reverbs out of it than it is known for. I love the "Room Echo" algorithm with the Space Mod and the Rev2 (which is a whole other parallel reverb) cranked up, with lots of pre-delay. All this stuff is turned off on most presets by default, inexplicably...

rs
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search