Presonus Firestudio Lightpipe
Timwaldvogel
17th July 2013
Old 17th July 2013
Gear interested

Presonus Firestudio Lightpipe

I just inherited a presonus firestudio lightpipe with the 4- groups of 8 adat ins/outs for a 32x32 AD/DA.

Since I got this for free, I am looking for CHEAPer preamps that have ADAT out capabilities. The obvious standout is the behringer ADA8000 and the art optopre.

Yes- I have heard the speil about product quality, crap, converter quality. Yada yada, yada.
I know I bound to get haters, this is gearslutz after all.

I need to acquire at least some form of preamp for this thing while I save to buy something like the focusrite equivalent. And I was curious as to what others have used in my situation for pres/mixers with digital outs.

I contemplated picking up a alesis ADAT at 100$, and using the line ins to use the 2-3 channels at least of input for now.

Any recommendations that are helpful are welcome. If anybody wants to write anything negative, keyword search the word "behringer" and choose a different post to troll please.
I am looking for helpful comments, not jerks.
17th July 2013
Old 17th July 2013
Gear addict

Check out the PreSonus Digimax LT strips on ebay. They're discontinued now, but they're very common in the live recording world. Decent price, decent quality.
Timwaldvogel
19th July 2013
Old 19th July 2013
Gear interested

Thanks !
Very cool. Unfortunately there was only one on eBay and the guy wanted top dollar. But I'll keep an eye out.
Still thinkin about grabbing an old alesis blackface ADAT tape machine.
I have 4 outboard pres without digital outs, an I could always use the alesis line in and line out.
An I suppose ill have the option of bouncing to tape if I want
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search