ISA One to Pro 40 settings help?
New Reply
Subscribe
demsokk
2nd July 2013
Old 2nd July 2013
Gear interested

ISA One to Pro 40 settings help?

So I am connecting my ISA One pre amp to my Saffire Pro 40. The signal is, Mic--> Isa One --> ISA XLR out --> Pro40 xlr input 1

The Isa one doesnt have a digital converter so Im using what I can.

So from what ive gathered I should have the Pad, instrument, and phantom power buttons off on the pro 40, have my gain at 4-5 on the pro 40 as well, and then just control the gain from my ISA one to taste?

Im just trying to figure out how to hook it up so things level and sound the best.

Ive cruised a bunch of forums and havnt quite found a solid answer.
Thanks for the help homies!
2nd July 2013
Old 2nd July 2013
Gear interested

I connected my ISA 428 with XLR - TRS to my Focusrite, That way it will bypass the "Pres" in the saffire and avoid coloration of your signal (I guess?)
demsokk
2nd July 2013
Old 2nd July 2013
Gear interested

Focusrite posted an official statement that there is no way to bypass the pre amps from what I understand. But i would like to make sure that im hooking it up correctly as far as the settings go.
2nd July 2013
Old 2nd July 2013
Gear maniac

The output of the ISA is line level, not mic level, so you'll want to use one of the line (TRS) inputs on the Pro 40, not the XLR inputs. From there, keep the gain at ~4 on the Pro 40 and adjust the overall level with the ISA.
2nd July 2013
Old 2nd July 2013
Lives for gear

Line or mic your still hitting the pres. You'll never really hear the open sound of the new pre.
2nd July 2013
Old 2nd July 2013
Gear maniac

Using the line in doesn't bypass the interface's pre, but it's still proper gain staging. Running the line out of the ISA into a mic in on the Pro 40 will result in more noise, hiss, undesirable distortion, etc. in the signal.
demsokk
3rd July 2013
Old 3rd July 2013
Gear interested

So then I should get an xlr to trs cable huh?
Thanks for the help guys.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search