KRK V series>?
New Reply
Subscribe
WRCA
6th September 2006
Old 6th September 2006
Gear interested

KRK V series>?

Hi guys not sure if i should be asking this question in this section. I just moved house and have setup a little studio in a fairly large room. Ive been using the Wharfedale 8.2a's for over a year now. I personally never liked these as i feel they don't have a good bass reponse and somewhat muddy my mixes. I produce R&b and Hip Hop Music if that helps, I’d like monitors which will give me clarity and able me to make beats which bang. Ive been looking at the KRK V Series, I would love to go out and test these monitors but my local store doesnt store these.

Whats your opinion on the KRK V series, would they give me a edge over the wharfdale's. ? I know monitors are to ones preference, but I’d sure appreciate the advice. Which of the series is best suited for my needs the KRK V6 SERIES 2 V4? ETC... what are the main differences?

p.s i have treated the room a little so far..

THANKS FOR ANY ADVICE..
6th September 2006
Old 6th September 2006
Jai guru deva om

Go for the V6! My favorite speakers in the KRK line period, the midrange is nice and they are not fatiguing monitors. Plenty of low end to work with, and like most other speakers they will completely kill those Wharfedales.

War

TML
6th September 2006
Old 6th September 2006
TML
Lives for gear

I'd agree with War. I have the 4's but uise them for lo-mid work along with BM 15a's.
tim
6th September 2006
Old 6th September 2006
Lives for gear

Hi

I use the V4:s mostly because I wanted compact speakers on both sides of my
DAW monitor. After one year of using them I think I got the hang of how to mix in
them.

They sound a bit small/narrow when switching between different pair of speakers,
but if the mix sound good in them it sounds good in other bigger speakers also.

The V6 sounded very good in the store and I will probably buy a pair of those in the future. They are probably much more easy to mix in, to make it sound good on themself, but I dont know if they are upward compatible to other speakers in the same way that I feel the V4:s are. Perhaps they sound to good?

"Dr Behringers I presume? No it's a copy!"
"ken lee... tulibu dibu douchoo"
"It's not 96khz idiot, it's 96hz. Now who sounds dumb?...Yu"
" Hello! Is it ME your looking for?"
- Bob Katz : "This loudness race is self-defeating. I'm using Thomson sub-machine guns on folk music now."
http://www.byd-media.net/om.mp3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KsFz...layer_embedded
6th September 2006
Old 6th September 2006
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead View Post
Go for the V6! My favorite speakers in the KRK line period, the midrange is nice and they are not fatiguing monitors. Plenty of low end to work with, and like most other speakers they will completely kill those Wharfedales.

War
Hey Warren, penny for your thoughts about the differences between the 1st version (black baffle) and 2nd (yellow) of the KRK V6. If anyone, I think you'd have had experience to tell the difference. So, what gives? Are the rabble-rousers correct?

(Back to hunting on Ebay...)

-- Little Britain
6th September 2006
Old 6th September 2006
Jai guru deva om

I use the V4 also as my second reference, they help tremendously for translation of the lows / low mids (4" driver). I suggested the V6 because they are a good overall response speaker and I thought he was looking for a main pair of monitors. I would pick the V6 or V8 for those.

I have not used the old series, no comment there.

War
6th September 2006
Old 6th September 2006
Lives for gear

I'm surprised there's six posts and no one's brought up acoustics...

i read 'muddy' mentioned after 'bass response' and I think room...

but i've listened to mixes on several other speakers and also the v6's back to back and the clarity compared to other low-mid prices speakers is really apparent.
6th September 2006
Old 6th September 2006
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRCA View Post
... p.s i have treated the room a little so far...
i assumed that he is up on the acoustics part and is taking care of any problems.

Another vote for the V6. Great speakers.

...amazing the KRKs are the only monitors mentioned so far.
6th September 2006
Old 6th September 2006
Gear addict

Send a message via Skype™ to Fidelis
I love my V8's (old model). But I use them with a S10 Subwoofer. Already mixed with V6 and V4. Also good, but if you can go for V8.
7th September 2006
Old 7th September 2006
Lives for gear

I have V6s as well and i find them to be quite balanced... i write music where bass is quite a concern but to be honest, i have noticed my mixes tend to be more punchy they sub heavy... they do sound quite well though... i would give them a run
7th September 2006
Old 7th September 2006
Gear addict

I started with V6Mk1.
two week later updated to V8Mk2.
two weeks later upgraded to E8T.
I love the E8ts. also have a V12S.
WRCA
7th September 2006
Old 7th September 2006
Gear interested

thanks guys for the advice, you all have been very helpful. I think i'll have to check out the V 6's, seeing as they are getting a thumbs up from a lot of you.
7th September 2006
Old 7th September 2006
Lives for gear

Another V6 Series 2 user here, going on one year and couldn't be happier. I wanted Dynaudio BM6A's really, really bad, but couldn't afford the $1700 price tag, then one day on random trip to GC, I happened to have OK Computer, Dark Side of the Moon and Mezzanine cds in my bag, I thought I'd do a monitor shootout. An hour and a half later I went home with the V6 II's, they just smoked every other speaker in there. Mind you, the Dynaudio BM5A's were not out yet at the time, otherwise I'm sure it would have been a close call. Yeah, KRK is the biz, those in particular are extremely balanced imo, great mid-range, just enough bass for my room (and you learn how to compensate over time), clear highs and most importantly, not fatiguing at all. And a yellow woofer is always a nice thing. ;-)
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search