Question regarding d-box analog summing issue
Mystic Muse
8th May 2013
Old 8th May 2013
Gear nut

Question regarding d-box analog summing issue

okay so all I have are 4 stereo channels for my d-box meaning the rest of my tracks 5 and above are unable to access the summing mixer on the d-box. How exactly can I lets say "limit" or decrease rather the amount of tracks? Create bus tracks? i.e. turn two guitar tracks using mixbus into one stereo track?

I'm just looking for the best way to decrease my tracks down to 4 stereo channels for the d-box at the best possible sonic qualtiy without sacraficing any sound quality and without making the entire summing mixer somewhat moot. Let's say I have track 1 - gtr 1 track 2 - gtr 2 track 3 - bass track 4 - drums track 5 - keys track 6 - vox 1 track 7 - vox 2 track 8 - vox 3 track 9 - lead gtr. HOW the HELL do I get these tracks down to 4 stereo ones in order to benefit from the summing mixer on the d-box and no I can't afford though I wish a D BUS LT with 8 stereo/16 mono channels for summing. That would be ideal but the money is not there at the moment.

Any help?

oh I also thought maybe I could sum down lets say 4 tracks, then export that stereo track. then sum down another 3 tracks or whatever export that. then open a new session and import both stereo tracks that actually contain 7 tracks that are summed? Is this a good idea or will I get some sort of nasty audio sound over-saturation or whatever?

Last edited by Mystic Muse; 8th May 2013 at 01:26 AM.. Reason: just thought of something else
8th May 2013
Old 8th May 2013
Lives for gear

You don't have to create buses in pt to group in dbox. Just set outputs of indiv track to stereo pairs (you can send to 7&8 individually) and let the dbox sum them. Use freq range or whatever logic you want to decide outputs.....make sense?

Sent from my SCH-I535
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search