Please help with Midas Venice 32f
New Reply
Subscribe
guitarzandstuff
21st April 2013
Old 21st April 2013
Gear Head

Please help with Midas Venice 32f

Ok, I've read all the threads I could find... see others with the same questions but no definative answers.

Driving me nuts!!!

Midas F series...

Why do I need to solo a channel to hear it??? I don't get it. All channels need to be solo'ed??? I am used to solo'ing a channel to hear only that channel, not soloing them all to hear all...

Any help is appreciated!!
21st April 2013
Old 21st April 2013
Gear nut

Through the headphones?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747
guitarzandstuff
22nd April 2013
Old 22nd April 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcsteene View Post
Through the headphones?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747
It makes me solo a channel to hear that channel through the main outs, headphones etc. Very strange but I've heard others with the same concerns but have no answers...
29th April 2013
Old 29th April 2013
Gear nut

This is right out of the manual:
SOLO switch and yellow LED: With solo enabled the channel signal is sent to the after-fade listen (AFL) stereo and pre-fade listen (PFL) mono buses. The left and right local monitor outputs can be used, for example, when operating from within a booth to hear selected solos and not the whole mix. The solo LED illuminates to show when a solo is on.

My guess is that you have your speakers plugged into the local main outs, make sure you have them plugged into the master outs. The red fader will control these. Hope this helps. PS: you also will need the solo activated to hear via the headphones. This is to help live sound engineers listen to a specific channel without interrupting the entire live mix.
24th May 2013
Old 24th May 2013
Gear interested

Actually use the local outs and keep the master fader solo'd at all times. Works better this way, soloing and muting of channels will work as expected, mono mix can be monitored too (just solo it with stereo to mono switch on and stereo master muted). Also the local and phones mutes work as expected, very handy to switch off speakers when cans are on.

I should add, this is the way I use it in the studio. YMMV of course.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search