Login / Register

Anybody directly compared Recoil Stabilizers to IsoAcoustic stands?
New Reply
Subscribe
gpants
14th March 2013
Old 14th March 2013
Gear nut

Anybody directly compared Recoil Stabilizers to IsoAcoustic stands?

Anybody compared the Recoil Stabilizers directly to the IsoAcoustic stands? My application would be for Focal Solo 6 Be's on top of sand-filled stands. I've had the mo-pads for ages; looking to try one of the newer options.
14th March 2013
Old 14th March 2013
Lives for gear

The Recoil Stabilizer, IsoAcoustic stand, and Mo-pad are all decouplers/dampers but so are cut to size packing foam, interlocking dense foam mats, or a neoprene/recycled rubber floor mat which can be found easily and cost next to nothing. I would think that extra $100 dollars burning a hole in your pocket could be used elsewhere in a studio to greater benefit.
14th March 2013
Old 14th March 2013
Lives for gear

I've got both, just switched from Recoil Stabilizers on my desktop to Isoacoustic on some stands I built for my JBL LSR4328s. To me, the Iso stands sounded better on my desktop, and even better on the stands (MDF & PVC, sand filled etc). The weird thing is that the Recoil Stabilizers definitely damped more vibration, by a mile in my case, but sounded worse. I don't know if that's b/c the back half of the recoil stabilizer was hanging off the top of the desk, probably so. At any rate if you have stands already the Iso stands are pretty cool and worth checking out. Everything seems clearer and more separated, bass more clear, etc.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search