Login / Register

E-MU e6400 Ultra SIMM upgrade trouble...
New Reply
Subscribe
fjcoloma
15th February 2013
Old 15th February 2013
Gear interested

E-MU e6400 Ultra SIMM upgrade trouble...

Hi everyone....

Just bought 2x64mb SIMM ram for my E-MU e6400 Ultra sampler.

My problem is that the sampler only reports 32mb. No matter what i do....just install one simm alone, the other alone too, both at the same time....i always get only 32mb ram.

It's strange that both simms broke at the same time, so i'm wondering if its a compatibility problem or is the sampler....the simm provider sells usually to other E-MU users without any problem.

Is there anything i should do first to solve the problem? (i.e. software preferences, any jumper in motherboard, etc.....)

Thanks in advanced for any info....

Javier Coloma
11th May 2014
Old 11th May 2014
Gear interested

emu6400 ultra rack RAM problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjcoloma View Post
Hi everyone....

Just bought 2x64mb SIMM ram for my E-MU e6400 Ultra sampler.

My problem is that the sampler only reports 32mb. No matter what i do....just install one simm alone, the other alone too, both at the same time....i always get only 32mb ram.

It's strange that both simms broke at the same time, so i'm wondering if its a compatibility problem or is the sampler....the simm provider sells usually to other E-MU users without any problem.

Is there anything i should do first to solve the problem? (i.e. software preferences, any jumper in motherboard, etc.....)

Thanks in advanced for any info....

Javier Coloma
Hello Javier ,
did you solve this problem ??
I'm haveing the very same issue , I've got some help from Emusonacid ?s forum friends .
The best infos are : the SIMM ram modules must be single sided , if double sided the Emu 6400 Ultra reads only one side and shows only half the size .
In menĂ¹ Master - Setup - Misc there should be an option selectable by F4 about the use of extra ROM modules , when this option is enabled the Emu 6400 Ultra can read / see a maximum of 64Mb only .
These infos didn't solve my problems , anyway if you have good news please share the knowledge , any help will be appreciated ,
Greets from LUCCA - Italy ,
Maurizio B.
12th May 2014
Old 12th May 2014
Lives for gear

Did you updated the EOS to latest firmware for those sampler? I had my in the closet for few year now and couldn't remember how many ram in there. I have the Ultra E6400 too..let me check back sometime later this week if possible.
13th May 2014
Old 13th May 2014
Gear interested

EOS version

Quote:
Originally Posted by asiandude View Post
Did you updated the EOS to latest firmware for those sampler? I had my in the closet for few year now and couldn't remember how many ram in there. I have the Ultra E6400 too..let me check back sometime later this week if possible.
Hi asiandude ,
my E6400 Ultra has EOS 4.7 on it .
Actually I have two problems ,
1st :
whichever RAM module I install , the Emu 6400Ultra always shows a maximum of 32Mb of sample RAM available ...
after reading other forum's advice I tested again with different Simms and recognize tha only single sided modules show the right amount .. but I remember very well that when I bought 2 x 64Mb modules , they showed up as 32Mb total ( ..and they were certified to work good wirh Emu samplers by the Seller .. he did even change the modules after my complain..)
2nd :
the ROM module do not show up when I boot the Emu 6400Ultra ( I've put it in different slots but no way to have it present ..).
After that , in menĂ¹ Master - Setup - Misc the option about the sound ROM is greyed out , by pushing F4 I can change its value but after rebooting there are no positive changes .
Hope this will help in better understanding my problems , I'm waiting for a new set of RAM modules , choosed by following other forum member's suggestions , ....will see if they work or not ,
Many thanks to you all for your kind support ,
Greets ,
Maurizio B.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search