New Reply
Subscribe
efi
5th February 2013
Old 5th February 2013
Gear interested

Dynaudio BM6A mk1 - crakling/distorted

Hi All!

Anyone got experience with Dynaudio bm6a mk1?. One of mine suddenly started crackling while doing a mixdown couple days ago. I done troubleshooting ( switched amps/tweeters/woofers). Its clearly something with the amp. Sounds coming out of the tweeter is like having a fuzzpedal conected ! :( - . I just dont understand. I always been playing them at modest volume, and never òverplayed them`. Ive read the post here about dynaudios/trouble but havent found any post regarding the same issue. Really Love these monitors and cant afford buying new. Help much appreciated.

Best regards,
Eivind
5th February 2013
Old 5th February 2013
Lives for gear

I've recently been "restoring" some of these that were having issues going into "protection" randomly. Inspect your electro caps. Could be a low voltage rail perhaps.

What's your electronics knowledge / skills like with troubleshooting?

-Rob
efi
5th February 2013
Old 5th February 2013
Gear interested

Tx for tip Rob . Appreciate it!

Hm..Ill guess Im not very skilled on electronics/troubleshooting. Think I can manage to look for blown caps etc. Thing is its a long way to a servicesenter where I live. Also tried to mail dynaudio ,only left with answer to change the internal amp. Thats like 1300 us here in Norway, well 200$ less than a brand new monitor. Anyway, do you think a local tv/radio electronican can mange to fix something like this.?
12th April 2013
Old 12th April 2013
Gear interested

HELP!!!! Please can someone shed more light on this.... I need to fix my speaker ASAP. I put in a new HF Dome thinking it was the problem and it is not... 200 bucks down the drain.. I need to learn how to fix this. Please any guidance is MUCH appreciated
12th April 2013
Old 12th April 2013
Gear nut

I had a similar effect coming and going every once in a while. A very subtle "distortion" coming from one tweeter. Never bothered me as it usually was gone the next time I powered it up :/ The BM6A amplifier sounds good, but is not very much reliable. I replaced the relays twice on mine
12th April 2013
Old 12th April 2013
Gear maniac

I just replaced the relays in my pair, and everything is good now. I ordered the spare parts from dynaudio (tc electronics). i think it's relatively easy to get them, but you might have to order them through your distributor, at least they couldn't send it to me directly.

but talk to the support, they helped me figure out what needed to be replaced:
Dynaudio Professional Support : Submit a request for assistance
13th April 2013
Old 13th April 2013
Gear nut

I don't think the relay is the issue efi has. The relay symptom is when the tweeter is totally off at very low playback levels (coming back when raising up the volume).
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search