New Reply
Subscribe
kittonian
3rd December 2012
Old 3rd December 2012
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

For Those Considering Audio Schools

From time to time this forum sees posts regarding going to an audio school and the job placement opportunities offered by doing so.

This post is not to dissuade those who seek a proper education, but rather to highlight that just because you go to audio school does not in any way guarantee you job placement, especially from the school itself if they are hiring these types of people.

The following is a real ad posted on the Los Angeles Craigslist that should tell you everything you need to know. I've bold faced some of my favorite lines.

----------

$15/hr

We are a nationally accredited audio recording school looking for a proactive, high energy, team player with thick skin to work as a JOB ASSISTANCE GURU, someone who can mentor recently graduated students on how to find work in the entertainment industry.

You should be eager, passionate, driven, able to soar above and beyond the call of duty to do whatever it takes to help the next generation of audio engineers bust down closed doors and get their careers rolling.

Experience in education a plus, but not necessary. Rudimentary knowledge of the recording and film industries helpful. Most important is an ability to think outside the box and find unique and creative ways to network with the big kahunas of the industry.

Send a well-written, thoughtful cover letter describing how you would come into a company and take charge. You must be fearless and motivated. Use your cover letter to SELL YOURSELF!

-----------
High End Pro Audio Sales & Consulting
Recording/Music Production/Mixing

http://www.audiolot.com

Follow AudioLot on Facebook for AudioLot's BIG DEAL Gear Specials, Morning Mix Tips, and more by clicking here
3rd December 2012
Old 3rd December 2012
Lives for gear

15$ an hour in LA.....

You'd have to work 80hrs a week to live
4th December 2012
Old 4th December 2012
Lives for gear

This explains how 99% of the resumes that we get are such crap.

4th December 2012
Old 4th December 2012
Lives for gear

"Yes, I told you twice I read your résumé. Now please help finish unloading the truck, I have some 4/0 feeder I need you to run."

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search