bi-amping JBL LSR32 passives with two Bryston 4Bs -- overkill ?
Old 23rd October 2012
Lives for gear

bi-amping JBL LSR32 passives with two Bryston 4Bs -- overkill ?

Did a bunch of searching on this topic, but ran into a brick wall.

I've got a chance to score either one or two Bryston 4Bs, older models but both one owner and in near mint condition. I know these amps are rated for 400 watts output into 4 ohms per channel.

For years I've powered my JBL LSR32s with a QSC rmx2450. This amp puts out 650 watts into 4 ohms per channel. I know, this is a PA amp and is probably a joke compared to the likes of a Bryston; but the QSC does indeed provide enough power to fill up my room with these speakers with no risk of clipping the amp.

I'm just wondering if I should just take the plunge and buy the two Brystons at once whilst I still have the chance ?

Anybody here bi-amping the JBL LSR32/6332 passives with two 4Bs -- or even just two decent amps with similar wattage ? Or is it overkill and will one 4B still outperform my QSC amp ?

BTW, my CR is 23' X 16' X 13' and well treated. I have the speakers about 12' apart from each other, and about 7' away from my ears in the horizontal position.
Old 24th October 2012
Gear addict

You would have to try it, but I can say, I would not walk away from a chance to score some 4B's. Odds are they are still under warentee (20 years I think!) And the resale value isn't going anywhere if you don't like them.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search