MW1 studio tool
New Reply
Subscribe
mr. torture
23rd October 2012
Old 23rd October 2012
Gear addict

MW1 studio tool

Anybody use one of these for a guitar DI? I have the input Z set at around 75% and the balanced line out gain at zero and it still peaks my track at 0db.

If I lower the input Z I can get the input lower, but I lose tone. Am I doing something wrong here?
24th October 2012
Old 24th October 2012
Gear interested

Does the signal light on the MW1 turn red? If so, you might just have hot outputs on your guitar. If the signal light is not turning red, maybe a pad after the MW1 would help lower the line level signal before your interface.

I pick pretty hard and I get the signal light to turn red on the MW1, even with passive pickups. Occasionally the DI input will clip my Audiofire12 inputs. Hasn't been an often enough occurrence to worry about, but I suppose a 10 dB line level pad on the MW1 output would be useful in my case.
mr. torture
24th October 2012
Old 24th October 2012
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by acegunn View Post
Does the signal light on the MW1 turn red? If so, you might just have hot outputs on your guitar. If the signal light is not turning red, maybe a pad after the MW1 would help lower the line level signal before your interface.

I pick pretty hard and I get the signal light to turn red on the MW1, even with passive pickups. Occasionally the DI input will clip my Audiofire12 inputs. Hasn't been an often enough occurrence to worry about, but I suppose a 10 dB line level pad on the MW1 output would be useful in my case.
I will check that, thanks!
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search