Rode NT1 vs. MXL V67g
Old 14th September 2012
Gear interested

Rode NT1 vs. MXL V67g

I currently own the MXL V67g and I was looking to upgrade my mic to a Rode NT1a I was just wondering if there is a noticable difference between the 2 mics?Ill be using them for vocals (singing, rapping, acoustic). And if there is a difference what is it? Also I'm using a M-Audio Fast Track interface and I wanted to upgrade to the M-Audio C400. Will I be able to notice a difference with that also? Any info would help out a ton. Thank you.
Old 14th September 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3windy1city2 View Post
I currently own the MXL V67g and I was looking to upgrade my mic to a Rode NT1a I was just wondering if there is a noticable difference between the 2 mics?Ill be using them for vocals (singing, rapping, acoustic). And if there is a difference what is it? Also I'm using a M-Audio Fast Track interface and I wanted to upgrade to the M-Audio C400. Will I be able to notice a difference with that also? Any info would help out a ton. Thank you.
Moving from an NT1a to a V67g is a lateral move IMHO. Some very respectable sources have good things to say about the V67g. The V67g is generally regarded as being a bit darker than the NT1a. Personally, I'd hold off on buying an NT1a and hang onto the V67g. Do some research, save your pennies and get something that will offer you a significantly different sound.
Old 14th September 2012
IMHO the MXL V67g is a far superior mic than the NT1a. The NT1a has that spike in the high end while the V67g has a much flatter response. In addition, you can easily do a headbasket mod (or I can do the mod for you for cheap if you're squeemish about ripping into it) on the V67g which really improves the high end clarity and solidifies the bottom end. The headbasket mod improves the sound more substantially than the electronics mod in my experience. If you can find an original Rode NT1 (not NT1a) it's a better mic but still not as good as the V67g. The V67 only seems dark to some but is in reality more accurate.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search