Focusrite Vs M Audio
Old 30th May 2012
Gear interested

Focusrite Vs M Audio

Im looking at either a Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 or the M audio 2626 i've heard great things about both. But i keep thinking about the amazing pres i've heard about focusrite having. If you were me what would ya'll go with. Im looking for a interface with 8pres so if you have any other suggestions let me know
Old 30th May 2012
Lives for gear

For FireWire make sure you have a TI chipset on your motherboard. Otherwise pick a USB interface like the Focusrite Scarlett line.
Old 31st May 2012
Gear interested

how do i check?
Old 31st May 2012
Gear interested

I have a Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 and the pres are great on it. I mostly use it for vocals, acoustic and electric guitars at home. If you wanted you could record an entire drum kit with it. A guy I know who produces metal has the M-Audio 2626 but it's modded to have crystal clear pres and they sound great. I'm not exactly sure what you do to mod it but it sounds better than the Saffire Pro. In my opinion I like the Saffire Pro 40 better because off the shelf it does sound better than the 2626 and I don't want to bother figuring out how to "mod" one for myself.
Old 31st May 2012
Lives for gear

it would be under your device manager "Texas Instruments Firewire host" or something similar. The Saffire Pro 40 is great!, but if you don't have the TI it just won't work. Focusrite beats anything Maudio hands down
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search