A few "before / after" pictures of my Magnetophon HTS...
Here are a few pictures of my little monster which required several days to work again...
This machine was originaly designed exclusively for the Reichs-Rundfunk-Gesellschaft (RRG) in 1942. Only 100 were made.
Some were captured right after the war, others like mine continued working at the RIAS.
The transport is nothing but a R22a, itself the broadcast version of the K4.
From left to right:
- Magnetophon HTS are received: dust, rust and more...
- Power supply chassis: leaky capacitors
- Power supply once cleaned and restored
- Main chassis as received
- Main chassis after cleaning and restoration (including re-fitting capacitor cans when possible)
- Whole HTS machine and transport after cleaning (could do a bit better)
I hope you like it !