Issues with Sonar 8.5 with M-Audio Fast Track Pro on Windows 7
New Reply
Subscribe
funkybluesman
9th April 2012
Old 9th April 2012
Gear interested

Issues with Sonar 8.5 with M-Audio Fast Track Pro on Windows 7

Wondering if anyone else out there has got an M-Audio Fast Track Pro successfully working with Sonar 8.5,

I upgraded to Sonar 8.5 some time ago when I got a new Windows 7 machine, but haven't had time to do much with it, now I'm trying to get into that.

I have my guitar plugged into my computer through the M-Audio Fast-Track Pro, and have headphones plugged into there to pick up the output.

I can hear the guitar nicely through those headphones and can hear the audio coming out of the computer.

When I record, I can hear everything well and see the audio track being laid down. However, when I stop recording, Sonar does some processing on the audio track and actually moves everything slightly to the left so that it's now all out of time with the rest of the tracks, everything playing just a fraction before it's supposed to. Plus, I hear some popping type sounds in the playback like it's clipping or something, even though I've got the levels set low enough to avoid any clipping.

I've tried looking through all the settings, I even went online and downloaded the latest patches for Sonar 8.5 and also for the M-Audio device, but it didn't make any difference. I've also gone through all the options and settings and can't find anything that makes any difference.

Hopefully someone out there can help me.

Also, when I run the Wave Profiler it keeps coming up saying that the best the M-Audio FastTrack Pro can do is 48khz, 16/24-bit. But it's supposed to be able to do 96KHz. Rather annoying as even the sound card built into my laptop will do 192KHz 24-bit, it's just a bit annoying having to plug everything into the Microphone input on the laptop!
29th April 2012
Old 29th April 2012
Gear interested

I don't know why your having that trouble... I run W7 with producer 8.5.3 and have a fast track pro (though a few months ago I upgraded to a focusrite saffire pro 40 to get more I/O and lower latency) and I never had that problem.
Sonar does include automatice latency compensation by where it measures the round trip times and once you stop recording it will nudge it to the left of where it initially drew the wave form during tracking. This generally keeps everything in perfect time. If not there maybe some other issues going on with your buffer settings.
I found the latency enough to be distracting and that's why I upgraded to something with hardware monitoring before the audio goes through the daw.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search