Visited the Musikmesse in Frankfurt today.
Find some pictures attached.
500 Series overload this year...
- SM Pro Audio presented a mic pre and opto comp module called the "Tubebox".
- Golden Age Project with the 500 series version of the Pre-73 called Pre-573.
- The Lindell Audio stuff in the flesh (or "in the metal") was absolutely amazing. Absolute no-brainer!!! I will order 2 comps and 2 eqs as soon as they are available!!!
- Found a 500 series version of the Valley People Dynamite
- SPL presented their Analog Elemental Series. Thought they would make all modules of their modular series available in this format, but only any combination of Premium Preamp, Preference Preamp, Dual-Band De-Esser, TwinTube, Transient Designer and DynaMaxx are available.
- TK Audio presented a mastering EQ. Nice unit!!!
- EVE presented their new studio monitors. Great company! Great products! So great that someone actually stole 5 monitors on thursday... SH*T !!!
I also found a chinese manufacturer who was displaying non-branded mics, different outboard gear and 500 series modules. They were looking for companies to buy there products. Then of course rebranded and all that... They claimed to have 40 years of pro audio manufacturing experience. Well as far as I could tell, the stuff was Chameleon Labs, Golden Age Projects, Studio Projects ... Took a photo of the 500 series stuff. They actually offer a "581 Discrete Mic Pre", "TMP-1" (Tube Mic Pre), "1731 Discrete Mic Pre", "73C Vintage" AND a 500 series rack... Other units on the way. Name of the company "bcaSound - Beijing Century Audio". Interesting fact, you can order everything from them directly, if you buy at least 50 pieces. Then of course they are branded, painted, etc. exactly like you want them to be...
group buy anyone
So all in all a really interesting Musikmesse this year.