Login / Register

digital cable for analog... microphonics?
New Reply
Subscribe
Devon8822
20th March 2012
Old 20th March 2012
Gear addict

digital cable for analog... microphonics?

I have been reading that a lot of people recommend using digital cable for line level and mic level signals as well as digital. However, I have also heard of a few instances where people complained about microphonics when using digital cable with analog signal, when they touch or move the cable.

I dont want to make a mistake like this when wiring my outboard gear soon. I was originally going to use digital cable but after hearing the microphonics issues im not so sure. Has anybody here experienced this? Does it depend on the specific cable? The one I remember hearing about with this issue is mogami 3080.
20th March 2012
Old 20th March 2012
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devon8822 View Post
I have been reading that a lot of people recommend using digital cable for line level and mic level signals as well as digital. However, I have also heard of a few instances where people complained about microphonics when using digital cable with analog signal, when they touch or move the cable.

I dont want to make a mistake like this when wiring my outboard gear soon. I was originally going to use digital cable but after hearing the microphonics issues im not so sure. Has anybody here experienced this? Does it depend on the specific cable? The one I remember hearing about with this issue is mogami 3080.
I think we need more info here in order to understand your issues better...

Just what type of "digital" cable are you talking about?

TK Major: social, biz, and music stuff | a crisp, flat design restyle for GS: Gray GS 2.2 for Chrome/Stylebot

People make oceans of music and only a tiny, tiny amount ever rises up for a few moments like a wave, visible from the shore. And then it's gone, too, back into the bottomless sea of forgotten music.
TK Major
. The Forgotify Files
20th March 2012
Old 20th March 2012
Would-Be-Teaboy

..What?
Devon8822
20th March 2012
Old 20th March 2012
Gear addict

AES cable... for example Mogami 3080
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search