Cubase 6.5 Update Retrologue
Old 5th March 2012
Gear maniac

Cubase 6.5 Update Retrologue

I guess i'm one of the few people that fall within the grace period to upgrade for free to cubase 6.5 . I'm really diggin the retrologue VI that comes with it. just enough. doesn't get overwhelming.

what do you think about it? not groundbreaking... i know. but still seems very useful.

Old 3rd April 2012
Gear interested

Me too, I qualified for the grace period, which I'm happy about, as I would've been a bit miffed to have to fork out another £50 for an upgrade/update (even though I only paid £150 for upgrade from Studio 4).

ANYWAY, I think Retrologue is an excellent addition to Cubase, and of course so is Padshop. Only other production program I've used is Reason 5, and Thor is quality. Cubase direly needed a decent modern-quality stock synth, and I must admit, I really like the sound of Retrologue. Padshop to me is better at Pads than most of the modern 'pad' synths i've tried.

People have been comparing Retrologue to Sylenth1, but i've never tried that synth. From Sylenth's rep though, if retrologue is near it in any way at all, ill be happy!
Old 3rd April 2012
Gear addict

I'm happy with the new additions and upgrade.... tho I bought 6 in Oct of 2011 and didn't qualify for the "free upgrade".... sucks, lol.

but it's done and I am able to get rid of a few large plugins that eat up processing with the new retrologue!
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search