Cubase 6.5 Update Retrologue
New Reply
Subscribe
VoltsUnited
5th March 2012
Old 5th March 2012
Gear maniac

Cubase 6.5 Update Retrologue

I guess i'm one of the few people that fall within the grace period to upgrade for free to cubase 6.5 . I'm really diggin the retrologue VI that comes with it. just enough. doesn't get overwhelming.

what do you think about it? not groundbreaking... i know. but still seems very useful.

3rd April 2012
Old 3rd April 2012
Gear interested

Me too, I qualified for the grace period, which I'm happy about, as I would've been a bit miffed to have to fork out another £50 for an upgrade/update (even though I only paid £150 for upgrade from Studio 4).

ANYWAY, I think Retrologue is an excellent addition to Cubase, and of course so is Padshop. Only other production program I've used is Reason 5, and Thor is quality. Cubase direly needed a decent modern-quality stock synth, and I must admit, I really like the sound of Retrologue. Padshop to me is better at Pads than most of the modern 'pad' synths i've tried.

People have been comparing Retrologue to Sylenth1, but i've never tried that synth. From Sylenth's rep though, if retrologue is near it in any way at all, ill be happy!
3rd April 2012
Old 3rd April 2012
Gear addict

I'm happy with the new additions and upgrade.... tho I bought 6 in Oct of 2011 and didn't qualify for the "free upgrade".... sucks, lol.

but it's done and I am able to get rid of a few large plugins that eat up processing with the new retrologue!

-John Lennon

"I know that most men, including those at ease with problems of the greatest complexity, can seldom accept even the simplest and most obvious truth if it be such as would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions which they have delighted in explaining to colleagues, which they have proudly taught to others, and which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabric of their lives."

-Tolstoy
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search