Vox AC30 Tremolo question
Voodoomailman
12th January 2012
Old 12th January 2012
Gear interested

Vox AC30 Tremolo question

Hello... I have a 1997 Vox AC30/6 TBX... I bought it used and didn't come with the tremolo switch pedal. I was just wondering... Can you only use the tremolo on the amp when you're plugged into the tremolo input? This may be a stupid question... but I don't understand why you'd have a tremolo effect on an amp if you can't use it in the normal channel. Does the pedal I'm missing have something to do with this?

Thank you!
12th January 2012
Old 12th January 2012
Gear addict

Yes, the footswitch will switch you over to the Vib/Trem channel when you're plugged into the Normal channel. I don't remember if it also works when you're blugged into the Bright channel, I would guess it does because the Bright and Normal channels share most of the same circuit path.

You can probably use any basic footswitch as a replacement, it should plug in up inside the back of the amp next to where you connect the speakers. The original footswitch is a grey hammerite looking oval thing, sorta vintage but also looks like a weird egg.
12th January 2012
Old 12th January 2012
Lives for gear

Curious.

I have 3 vintage Vox AC30s are with them the tremolo only works on the tremolo channel, and the footswitch turns it on or off.
12th January 2012
Old 12th January 2012
Gear addict

Perhaps I'm misremembering how this works? I rarely use the Trem channel, so you could be right on this Ward. I'll try to check at my next band practice, I can post an update early next week.
Voodoomailman
13th January 2012
Old 13th January 2012
Gear interested

That'd be great, thank you!
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search