Studio Insurance...
rainmaker
6th January 2012
Old 6th January 2012
Gear nut

Studio Insurance...

I searched the forum and have found some tidbits on studio insurance and have even contacted some local insurance companies to get info but there doesn't seem to be much overall info here on proper insurance for our line of work.

As my collection has grown, I have felt more and more the fear from not having insurance. I am going to put that to rest now and get it in place.

Do any of you here know what you pay for insurance? I obviously know that it will vary depending on amount covered, etc but what are your premiums and for what amount of gear (dollar amount)?
6th January 2012
Old 6th January 2012
Lives for gear

You should go with a company that specializes in music gear, Clarion and Heritage are two options. You can expect to pay about 1% per year based on value for coverage, meaning a policy for $25k worth of gear would be about $250/year.
6th January 2012
Old 6th January 2012
Lives for gear

I'm looking for information on this also, anybody have any experience with any of these companies especially those who have made claims. How is the initial process of getting everything going?
6th January 2012
Old 6th January 2012
Joe Montarello has one of the best comprehensive insurance plans out there for studios, it takes into account gear, the build, and liability
6th January 2012
Old 6th January 2012
Lives for gear

Joe is IMO the first and last call you should make. The best program out there- covers everything.

--Ben
6th January 2012
Old 6th January 2012
I have home, car and business insurance through state farm. Full replacement value on gear and 1 mil for liability.
26th January 2012
Old 26th January 2012
Lives for gear

I have been with Clarion or many years but thankfully have never made a claim.

WARNING: if you do any professional work with your gear, it will most likely NOT be covered by a typical renters or home owners policy.
27th January 2012
Old 27th January 2012
Gear Head

where are you based? In the UK there's a few companies that do studio/music business contents insurance that will insure for replacement new.
DPC
12th February 2012
Old 12th February 2012
DPC
Gear interested

Hi - i am looking to insure my studio in the UK and need some help, i rent an industrial unit and have about £15000 worth of equipment sitting in it, I am trying to find suitable insurance to cover for theft/fire, the usual...any help would be much appreciated.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search