1974 Martin/Sigma SG Electric
New Reply
Subscribe
SuperBatDan
16th December 2011
Old 16th December 2011
Gear interested

I have a very rare SBG2-6 (red SG) made by Martin/Sigma from 1974. It's in kept in it's original HSC and played very little. The original pick-ups have been removed and Seymour Duncan's (I believe) have been put in. It's in great shape for how old it is. It does have a few nicks on it, but overall I'd give it an 8 out of 10. I've searched online and asked many people from musicians to pro's about this, and no one has any info on it.
It plays like a dream and sound even better!!!
Any info that I can get or how much it's worth would be awesome!! I would be willing to part with it if the offer is what I'm thinking it's worth.
ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!
Attached Thumbnails
1974 Martin/Sigma SG Electric-100_2173.jpg   1974 Martin/Sigma SG Electric-100_2174.jpg   1974 Martin/Sigma SG Electric-100_2175.jpg   1974 Martin/Sigma SG Electric-100_2981.jpg   1974 Martin/Sigma SG Electric-100_2982.jpg  

1974 Martin/Sigma SG Electric-100_2983.jpg  

Last edited by SuperBatDan; 17th December 2011 at 03:32 PM.. Reason: added pictures
3rd January 2012
Old 3rd January 2012
Gear interested

hi dan.
what are you looking to get for the sg? and where would it be shipping from. i am in north texas myself, Dave shirley. I played one of these years ago back in Phoenix AZ. It was a natural finish though. saw one like it on ebay a year ago for 200.00 but it didn t sell. found it after the auction ended. The electronics were marginal with the original and it cost about
300.00 for an upgrade. the one i remember had good sustain. the only real drawback to the one i played was that it weighed a ton and needed a really wide strap to get through a gig. thats probably where the sustain came from.
SuperBatDan
3rd January 2012
Old 3rd January 2012
Gear interested

My Sigma SG

Thanks for responding Dave. As of right now I'm looking to get $500-$800 for it. If I do sell it, it would be coming from the Nashville TN area. Yes, it is pretty heavy. The tone on it is great!!! The pickups and wiring have been replaced with a pair of Seymour Duncans, I believe, so it sounds Great!!.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search