Old 5th November 2011
Gear nut

Patchbay dilemma

Hey guys, this may be a simple matter to you but I can't really find the solution, so I do need some enlightenment.

Let's say I want to mix a session with countless tracks and decide to mix with my gssl+nice di(for coloration). I could patch my main output (1-2) of rosetta to GSSL--> nice di and record them into the other input(Let's say 3-4).
But then how do I monitor them within this situation?

I normally connect my output 1-2 to mpatch2 for monitoring. If I patch output of nice di(main output 1-2 --> gssl --> nice di)to other input (3-4) of rosetta, then there is nothing to connect to mpatch2 for monitoring.

Is there way to solve this? or any better way to manage patching?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by idmmer417; 5th November 2011 at 02:49 PM.. Reason: word edit
Old 5th November 2011
Gear Guru

Send your mix OUT 3/4 instead of 1/2-L/R, go into whatever FX you want, patch and record back INTO your converters on anything, say....5/6, route that track out 1/2-L/R so you can monitor.
Old 5th November 2011
Gear maniac

I'm unclear how many I/O's you have in this situation. If you have multiple stereo outs, just run your mix back in and route your mixes to another set of outs and monitor off those. If you only have one set of outs, you'll have to find a way to split your signal after the Nice DI so one copy can go to the monitors.
Old 6th November 2011
Gear nut

yeah, I wish I could set my main outputs to different set of outputs easily.
It's just that I use logic pro 8 and I wasn't able to where can I change my main output (master channel) in logic 8. Is it easy to do this in Logic pro 9?

Mine is rosetta 800....
Old 6th November 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by idmmer417 View Post
yeah, I wish I could set my main outputs to different set of outputs easily.
It's just that I use logic pro 8 and I wasn't able to where can I change my main output (master channel) in logic 8. Is it easy to do this in Logic pro 9?

Mine is rosetta 800....
Change the individual channel outputs not the master.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search