Vintage Gear PICTURES!
Old 29th September 2011
  #61
Lives for gear
 
idylldon's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Providence View Post
Here is a rack job of some original Gates SA-134s. Thanks idylldon for the dial plates! They just came in today and I love the look. You are a very stand up guy! Thanks again. I also love the original "nuclear" looking light. Enjoy!
You're welcome. Glad you could put them to use.

BTW, I'm looking for another Biamote, so if you run across one that you're not interested in let me know.

Cheers,
--
Don
Old 29th September 2011
  #62
Lives for gear
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by idylldon View Post
You're welcome. Glad you could put them to use.

BTW, I'm looking for another Biamote, so if you run across one that you're not interested in let me know.

Cheers,
--
Don
Sure will. I really have not seen anymore. They crop up on ebay sometimes but it seems like people are asking WAY too much for them now. They are great though. BTW I'm having an intermittent problem with my biamote. It wants to change volume (-6db jump) randomly. I placed all new tubes (tried out several) and messed with the pots. I think I might have it under control now. Just wondering if you ever had this problem? Thanks again for the plates!
Old 29th September 2011
  #63
Gear Head
 
chipss36's Avatar
 

built it this last week....lol
so why I am posting something new? I go to great pains to keep that vintage vibe going.
I go through piles of carbon comp resistors to get the least drift, the blue molded caps in this pic are very hard to get but correct for a 1960s deluxe reverb, some things are new, teflon wire, grounding changes ...things that make sense, a real deal vintage BFDR below it. not mine ....sigh
Old 29th September 2011
  #64
Gear addict
 
capnreverb's Avatar
 

Vintage goodies.
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage Gear PICTURES!-zmoog.jpg   Vintage Gear PICTURES!-zwhat1.jpg   Vintage Gear PICTURES!-zwhat2.jpg   Vintage Gear PICTURES!-zwhat3.jpg   Vintage Gear PICTURES!-zrca1.jpg  

Old 29th September 2011
  #65
Lives for gear
 
Retinal's Avatar
 

Freakin' gorgeous vintage gear everyone!
Best p0rn 3d on GS
Old 29th September 2011
  #66
Lives for gear
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retinal View Post
Freakin' gorgeous vintage gear everyone!
Best p0rn 3d on GS
Agreed! LET'S SEE MORE!
Old 30th September 2011
  #67
Lives for gear
 

Thread Starter
Don't make me beg for more....
Old 30th September 2011
  #68
Gear interested
 

Not my pictures but I love my BX20. Bought it for 50 bucks years ago and it´s still wonderfull working!
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage Gear PICTURES!-image1079366383_bx_20_a4055d2ef3eb4a.gif   Vintage Gear PICTURES!-image1079366386_bx_20_b4055d2f1cc4e0.gif   Vintage Gear PICTURES!-image1079366391_bx_20_d4055d2f72b2cb.gif  
Old 30th September 2011
  #69
Lives for gear
 
Granny Gremlin's Avatar
 

Love the BXes; I have a BX25 - had to make a remote for it because mine didn't come with one and that's the only way to control the decay time (otherwise it's full on Grand Canyon all the time):








Not quite as slutty as some of the Gates and other really old tube stuff, but these sound really good; they're just a bear to work on because everything is packed into such a small chassis.









And I guess I'll just throw this in for good measure. Not a pro deck, but the tube preamps on these are pretty sweet. Still have to go through and test this to see if it even works.

Old 1st October 2011
  #70
Lives for gear
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Gremlin View Post
Love the BXes; I have a BX25 - had to make a remote for it because mine didn't come with one and that's the only way to control the decay time (otherwise it's full on Grand Canyon all the time):








Not quite as slutty as some of the Gates and other really old tube stuff, but these sound really good; they're just a bear to work on because everything is packed into such a small chassis.









And I guess I'll just throw this in for good measure. Not a pro deck, but the tube preamps on these are pretty sweet. Still have to go through and test this to see if it even works.


Awesome! I might pick up one of those tape machines from a friend of mine. Thanks for sharing!
Old 1st October 2011
  #71
Gear Guru
 

What's the tape deck in the last picture?
Old 1st October 2011
  #72
Lives for gear
 
rocksure's Avatar
Kind of vintage, and kind of not. The preamp cards are 1970's Spectra Sonics 110, the input and output transformers are also all from the 1970s:- Triad A67-j and Jensen JE-123A to keep the authentic SS sound, and racked up by me. Sounds really nice.
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage Gear PICTURES!-spectra-sonics-rack6.jpg  
Old 1st October 2011
  #73
Lives for gear
 
sonic dogg's Avatar
 

Two Shure Brothers SM57's with the Unidyne III capsules circa 1969. The one with the tape on it is the go-to mic I bought it before I got out of high school. The other one I got a couple of years later. Not the greatest gear-porn but you should hear em on a great pre! Kinda ups their sluttiness.
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage Gear PICTURES!-img_3491.jpg  
Old 1st October 2011
  #74
Gear nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRobb View Post
What's the tape deck in the last picture?
Akai M8. The American version is known as the Roberts 770X.
Old 2nd October 2011
  #75
Lives for gear
 

Thread Starter
MORE
Old 2nd October 2011
  #76
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic dogg View Post
Two Shure Brothers SM57's with the Unidyne III capsules circa 1969. The one with the tape on it is the go-to mic I bought it before I got out of high school. The other one I got a couple of years later. Not the greatest gear-porn but you should hear em on a great pre! Kinda ups their sluttiness.
http://www.gearslutz.com/board/image...ies/nu/061.gif
Old 3rd October 2011
  #77
Lives for gear
 

Thread Starter
bump
Old 3rd October 2011
  #78
Lives for gear
 
Granny Gremlin's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampex 354 View Post
Akai M8. The American version is known as the Roberts 770X.
That's it.
Old 5th October 2011
  #79
Lives for gear
 

Thread Starter
bump
Old 6th October 2011
  #80
Lives for gear
 

Thread Starter
Come on let's see some more!!!!
Old 6th October 2011
  #81

Last edited by babooino; 6th October 2011 at 02:24 AM.. Reason: cant embbed from flickr
Quote
1
Old 6th October 2011
  #82
Lives for gear
 
hasbeen's Avatar
Have You Seen This Pre?

My mysterious Altec 442b. I have NEVER seen one since, nor have I ever been able to find any information on the unit. I've been scouring the internet for years. I have posted on the Altec board. Nothing.

If there is anyone out there with one of these or any info please contact me.

BTW, this thing sounds so sweet.

Oh, and the black box underneath is James Demeter's prototype for the VTMP stereo mic pre circa 1985.
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage Gear PICTURES!-img_3830.jpg   Vintage Gear PICTURES!-img_3833.jpg  
Old 6th October 2011
  #83
Gear Guru
 
AllAboutTone's Avatar
 

Note: The dish is my wife's uncle, some people are bored I reckon at 92 years old.
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage Gear PICTURES!-img_0040.jpg   Vintage Gear PICTURES!-img_0289.jpg  
Quote
1
Old 6th October 2011
  #84
Gear maniac
 
Cerpintaxt's Avatar
 

some seriously awesome looking old pieces of gear in here!
Keep them coming :D
Old 8th October 2011
  #85
Lives for gear
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerpintaxt View Post
some seriously awesome looking old pieces of gear in here!
Keep them coming :D
Old 8th October 2011
  #86
Gear Guru
 
FFTT's Avatar
 

1973 My first working band.




With my '66 Hofner, Sunn 200S, home made JBL 2X15 cab.

To my left Hammond B-3

You have not paid your road dues until your fingers have been crushed
hauling a B-3 up a flight or 2 of stairs through a narrow doorway.
Quote
1
Old 9th October 2011
  #87
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFTT View Post
1973 My first working band.




With my '66 Hofner, Sunn 200S, home made JBL 2X15 cab.

To my left Hammond B-3

You have not paid your road dues until your fingers have been crushed
hauling a B-3 up a flight or 2 of stairs through a narrow doorway.
nice photo... just great
Old 11th October 2011
  #88
Lives for gear
 

Thread Starter
bump
Old 11th October 2011
  #89
Gear interested
 
absoluteenergy's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFTT View Post

You have not paid your road dues until your fingers have been crushed
hauling a B-3 up a flight or 2 of stairs through a narrow doorway.
does a stage ramp count?

nice hair cut by the way
Old 11th October 2011
  #90
Lives for gear
 
sonic dogg's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFTT View Post
1973 My first working band.




With my '66 Hofner, Sunn 200S, home made JBL 2X15 cab.

To my left Hammond B-3

You have not paid your road dues until your fingers have been crushed
hauling a B-3 up a flight or 2 of stairs through a narrow doorway.
You didnt say anything about the Shure Vocalmaster. Love the 200S. Owned a few of those old Sunn amps. I played bass through two 1000s heads and a various assortment of cabinets. The one I got the least amount of love from my bandmates for was the Altec A7 that I had added two 10" altecs to the section where you could install the horn inside the cabinet. Yep, it weighed a ton and there was nowhere to really pick it up.
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
 
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.