crackling when playing back CD on AW16g
New Reply
Subscribe
PJD3
26th June 2011
Old 26th June 2011
Gear nut

crackling when playing back CD on AW16g

Hi, thanks for stopping by. A disc that I played back in my Yamaha all-in-one AW16g had alot of "crakling" sounds. This never seemed to happen when playing back CD's that were burned on the machine. It happened when playing back a cd burned on my computer with Nero. Strange thing is, that you don't hear any crackling when that disc is played back on my computer, only on the AW16g. I downloaded some clips that I purchased from a professional soundeffects and production service. The sound quality of thier clips are very high and I listen to all my audio through good Monitors and headphones. (there is no crackling in the source). Does anyone know what the source of this crackle could be? These clips are a very important element in this project and I don't understand why these crackles are present in the plaback of the Yamaha but not else where. I hope some of you may know the source of this problem and pass it on to me. Also, the crackling seems more apparent when there is loud high frequency material present. It seems to continue even after the sound has subsided for a second or so. In case I havent been clear, I ought to mention that I burnt these dowloaded clips to a CD on my computer to be imported into the Yamaha AW16g.

Thank You!
PHil
PJD3
27th June 2011
Old 27th June 2011
Gear nut

during the reading of the Cd

Just to elaborate, I did the "Importing" method and the crackles/Pops showed up in the track playback as well as just Playing the disc in the machines CD drive. I was hoping this may better highlight the source (or the "not the source" of this damn snap/crackle/pop. Can this kind of thing come from the mere reading of the CD? I will say that the clips are hot but below zero, but do have a great amount of transient information. Crashes, smashes and shattering of glass and metal, things like that. Very well recorded at the source I've got to say. Did I mention that the pops continue even after the sound has disappeared? They really do. And sound much like the pops from a scrathed up vinyl record.

Thanks,
Phil
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search