Pro Tools shortcut for copy/past plug-ins?
Old 8th March 2006
Lives for gear

Pro Tools shortcut for copy/past plug-ins?

I have 2 controls I would like to know if there are a more simple command....

---To copy and paste a plug in on one track then put it on the next (duplicate)

---Also, say I open a session where all outputs are 1-46, now I open it on a computer without the outboard consloe, I want to know if there is a command to change a group or all outputs to 1-2 instead of switching each one separatly.

PLEASE MAKE MY LIFE EASIER!!!
Old 8th March 2006
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap217
I have 2 controls I would like to know if there are a more simple command....

---To copy and paste a plug in on one track then put it on the next (duplicate)

PLEASE MAKE MY LIFE EASIER!!!
Hold down the "option" key and drag the plugin to the next track.
Old 8th March 2006
Lives for gear

option drag plugins to copy to tracks.
to select outputs for a group highlight the tracks together an hold shift and option while selecting the out puts....to go sequentially use shift option apple...to select all to the same just use option, and to sequential do all of them select with option apple...when i used to branch stuff on an ssl this mayde my day so much quicker.
cheers.
-brian
Old 8th March 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpatural
to select outputs for a group highlight the tracks together an hold shift and option while selecting the out puts....to go sequentially use shift option apple...to select all to the same just use option, and to sequential do all of them select with option apple...when i used to branch stuff on an ssl this mayde my day so much quicker.
cheers.
-brian
Brian, you're a bigger geek than me. Who'da thought?!!!
Old 8th March 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
cheers.
-brian

Cool, I didn't know how to do that for just a select group of tracks!

In general, Alt affects all the tracks, so if you want to make them all small in the edit window, alt + changing a track from medium to small will make them all small. Alt + C will clear all the peaks (in red), AND if you hold Alt and change the output of one track, it will be changed on all the tracks (except the master fader).

Also Ctrl + clicking on the plugin bypassed the plug. That's kind of nice.
Old 8th March 2006
Gear maniac

Also, if you hold shift whilst you do all the above functions it will apply to only the selected tracks.
Old 8th March 2006
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenton
Hold down the "option" key and drag the plugin to the next track.

How 'bout on a pc?
Old 9th March 2006
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdisk
How 'bout on a pc?
ALT
Old 9th March 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
cheers.
-brian
Not sure on other setups, but on HD this is even shortened by clicking the dot by your group name, which selects all of them for you.....then you shift option.

Now heres a new question....take the above, but what if youwant to send the entire group to mult outs say 1+2 and Bus1+2....I have not learned that one yet.
Old 9th March 2006
Lives for gear

maybe add in control to the eqaution...i've never tried it.
-brian
Old 9th March 2006
Gear nut

this whole thread goes under the category RTFM!!!!!

Old 9th March 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigpen
Not sure on other setups, but on HD this is even shortened by clicking the dot by your group name, which selects all of them for you.....then you shift option.

Now heres a new question....take the above, but what if youwant to send the entire group to mult outs say 1+2 and Bus1+2....I have not learned that one yet.
You can, it's called "output mirroring" in ProTools. I think you have to hold down the control key and "reselect" the output. And if i remember correctly, it will show only the original output, but it's in italics or looks different somehow...

I have not done this for some time, and i'm not near a system now...

Does anyone remember how to mirror?
Old 9th March 2006
Gear addict

Yes - the control key, and then there will be a plus sign in the output.

- Justin
Old 9th March 2006
Gear maniac

To 'add' another output hold down option/control then select the additional ouput.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search