Login / Register
 
KRK Expose E8b ??
New Reply
Subscribe
dickiefunk
Thread Starter
#1
27th May 2011
Old 27th May 2011
  #1
Lives for gear
 
dickiefunk's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Cornwall, UK
Posts: 4,223

Thread Starter
dickiefunk is offline
KRK Expose E8b ??

Any user experiences of the KRK Expose E8b?

Anyone know how it compares to the likes of the Focal Twin, Klein & Hummel 0300D etc?
#2
28th May 2011
Old 28th May 2011
  #2
Gear nut
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: South London
Posts: 91

joelprimecuts is offline
I've owned a pair for about 18 months now and hope to do a shoot out with Barefoot MM27's and K&H O300's next week. I'll let you know how I get on.
dickiefunk
Thread Starter
#3
28th May 2011
Old 28th May 2011
  #3
Lives for gear
 
dickiefunk's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Cornwall, UK
Posts: 4,223

Thread Starter
dickiefunk is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelprimecuts View Post
I've owned a pair for about 18 months now and hope to do a shoot out with Barefoot MM27's and K&H O300's next week. I'll let you know how I get on.
Great I'd be really interested in hearing about your findings!
#4
28th May 2011
Old 28th May 2011
  #4
Gear nut
 
adrummingdude's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: SoCal
Posts: 137

adrummingdude is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngeloClematide View Post
You must be kidding, the Ferrari red KRK however looks great. If those banana boxes would be available in green, purple, blue, yellow, and pink for the bed room, I would buy.

As KRK's highest offering (~$5000 a pair), the Expose hardly deserves to be lumped into the "guitar center" KRK monitor category. Thats like saying the Blue Bottle must suck because the Blue Snowball sucks.
#5
29th May 2011
Old 29th May 2011
  #5
Gear nut
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 141

jdieks is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickiefunk View Post
Any user experiences of the KRK Expose E8b?

Anyone know how it compares to the likes of the Focal Twin, Klein & Hummel 0300D etc?
I own the exposes and a friend of mine owns the Focal twins... They are comparable as far as detail goes, but the twins are brighter then the exposes. Both are "harsh". But I think the KRK are the least harsh of the 2.

I would say the KRKs are more like a genelec 8040a (on which I also work a lot), but less plasticy and less boomy. Maybe they would be comparable to the 8050a, but I have never heard those.

So, to give you a rough idea soundwise, As forward as genelec with the detail of the Focals.. I really like them to mix on, you can really hear 0.1 gain changes in EQ really well..


They are TOTALLY different from the vxt range, which I would classify as pretty backwards in the mids and not so detailed.


I don't know the K&H.
Quote
1
#6
29th May 2011
Old 29th May 2011
  #6
Gear nut
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 141

jdieks is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngeloClematide View Post
You must be kidding, the Ferrari red KRK however looks great. If those banana boxes would be available in green, purple, blue, yellow, and pink for the bed room, I would buy.
Have you even ever heard them?
#7
29th May 2011
Old 29th May 2011
  #7
Lives for gear
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Taipei/NewYork/Toronto
Posts: 832

jcc449 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdieks View Post
I own the exposes and a friend of mine owns the Focal twins... They are comparable as far as detail goes, but the twins are brighter then the exposes. Both are "harsh". But I think the KRK are the least harsh of the 2.

I would say the KRKs are more like a genelec 8040a (on which I also work a lot), but less plasticy and less boomy. Maybe they would be comparable to the 8050a, but I have never heard those.

So, to give you a rough idea soundwise, As forward as genelec with the detail of the Focals.. I really like them to mix on, you can really hear 0.1 gain changes in EQ really well..


They are TOTALLY different from the vxt range, which I would classify as pretty backwards in the mids and not so detailed.


I don't know the K&H.
Now that makes me wonder very much. But not many Stores have krk e8b to demo with. Even sweetwater and vintageking quit on krk e8 with uncertain reason.
dickiefunk
Thread Starter
#8
29th May 2011
Old 29th May 2011
  #8
Lives for gear
 
dickiefunk's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Cornwall, UK
Posts: 4,223

Thread Starter
dickiefunk is offline
Well I spoke to a dealer over hear in the UK which stocks all of them.

He mentioned that they hardly sell any of the KRK E8b's!? Apparently all their cutomers go for either the K&H 0300's or the Focals. People with bigger budgets tend to go for the Barefoots. Now I know that everyones taste is different but for one of the biggest UK dealers in high end audio to say that they've hardly sold any E8b's says something!?
#9
29th May 2011
Old 29th May 2011
  #9
Gear nut
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 141

jdieks is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc449 View Post
Now that makes me wonder very much. But not many Stores have krk e8b to demo with. Even sweetwater and vintageking quit on krk e8 with uncertain reason.
Yeah, I've noticed that in Europe too. My guess is that they're just very expensive for "krk". I think most people rather buy eg pmc then krk for that money, like a few posts back (it's all in the name). To be honest, I bought them for half the price ex demo. But I'm glad I did...
#10
29th May 2011
Old 29th May 2011
  #10
Gear nut
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 141

jdieks is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdieks View Post
Yeah, I've noticed that in Europe too. My guess is that they're just very expensive for "krk". I think most people rather buy eg pmc then krk for that money, like a few posts back (it's all in the name). To be honest, I bought them for half the price ex demo. But I'm glad I did...

By the way, If you would consider them... You can get 2 "bstock" e8b's for almost half the money too from dv247.com... I've noticed that some time ago.
#11
29th May 2011
Old 29th May 2011
  #11
Gear nut
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 141

jdieks is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickiefunk View Post
Well I spoke to a dealer over hear in the UK which stocks all of them.

He mentioned that they hardly sell any of the KRK E8b's!? Apparently all their cutomers go for either the K&H 0300's or the Focals. People with bigger budgets tend to go for the Barefoots. Now I know that everyones taste is different but for one of the biggest UK dealers in high end audio to say that they've hardly sold any E8b's says something!?

One last thing to consider (end of my sales pitch :P ) is that the focals' tweeter seems FANTASTIC at first.. More flattering then the KRK. My friend mixes a lot of jazz on them... On long days all the cymbals do get "too penetrating" and fatiqueing. The KRK's are more neutural so to speak and because of that not that fatiqueing. My friend's got h80's with them now to do the general mixing and switches over to the focals when he needs the detail.

I think that's a problem of the KRK too in the sence that you think the focals are "better" at first and pretty close soundwise...

So, my advise would be to see if you can get all of them at home for a couple of days and see how they WORK in stead of how they "flatter"
dickiefunk
Thread Starter
#12
29th May 2011
Old 29th May 2011
  #12
Lives for gear
 
dickiefunk's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Cornwall, UK
Posts: 4,223

Thread Starter
dickiefunk is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdieks View Post
One last thing to consider (end of my sales pitch :P ) is that the focals' tweeter seems FANTASTIC at first.. More flattering then the KRK. My friend mixes a lot of jazz on them... On long days all the cymbals do get "too penetrating" and fatiqueing. The KRK's are more neutural so to speak and because of that not that fatiqueing. My friend's got h80's with them now to do the general mixing and switches over to the focals when he needs the detail.

I think that's a problem of the KRK too in the sence that you think the focals are "better" at first and pretty close soundwise...

So, my advise would be to see if you can get all of them at home for a couple of days and see how they WORK in stead of how they "flatter"
I would love to get them all home here to try but the nearest dealer for these is about 200 miles away! Also the dealer that I use needs full price upfront payment and they will refund the monitors you don't keep. Can you imagine how much buying all these monitors upfront to do a shootout here would cost Definitely not an option!!!
#13
29th May 2011
Old 29th May 2011
  #13
Gear nut
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 89

Bugstone is offline
#14
31st May 2011
Old 31st May 2011
  #14
Gear nut
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 141

jdieks is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickiefunk View Post
I would love to get them all home here to try but the nearest dealer for these is about 200 miles away! Also the dealer that I use needs full price upfront payment and they will refund the monitors you don't keep. Can you imagine how much buying all these monitors upfront to do a shootout here would cost Definitely not an option!!!
well, maybe you can "buy" them, return them after a week, get the focals, return them, get the K&H, return them.. maybe get a pair of quested (or any other brand ), return them and hope you can remember how the first one sounded and then pick the best one :P
#15
31st May 2011
Old 31st May 2011
  #15
Lives for gear
 
Enlightened Hand's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: United States
Posts: 1,832

Enlightened Hand is offline
I own and use the E8bs all of the time, almost every day.

They are powerful, balanced, detailed, realistic sounding and easy to mix on. I don't find them harsh at all. In fact I find them quite natural sounding. They are not boxy. Mixes translate well. I've had them for a few years now and I have no complaint. Mixing on them is very much like listening to live performances right in the room with me.

However in the past year or so I've gotten very serious about time coherence and while the E8bs don't suck in that respect, I started baffling the ports and I found that I like the time response more that way (though of course it does brighten them). But as monitors go they are as good as any of the best ported nearfields you can buy.

I suspect the reason they don't sell much is due to the fact that people don't talk about them much. The people that use them know that they're really very good. No gimmick, just realistic sounding speakers, with powerful, clean, high headroom amplifiers. If you actually have the money to buy them I suggest giving them a proper audition.
__________________
Liz - recordist, mixing dragon lady
thoughts

https://soundcloud.com/audio-wisdom/sets/demo-reel
#16
31st May 2011
Old 31st May 2011
  #16
Lives for gear
 
MIKEHARRIS's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2002
Location: MIAMI FLA
Posts: 2,422

MIKEHARRIS is offline
we stopped selling KRK when it became impossible to service them.

I have asked the rep to get me a pair of the KKLabs DS-8's to demo for a high end client...who owns about every high end monitor...1037's...1038's..1035's...1036's..Adam S6..Boxers and Focal Twin6's

They like it LOUD and hope the hi-power of the DS-8's gets what theyre looking for...will keep y'all posted
__________________
harrisaudiosystems.com
#17
31st May 2011
Old 31st May 2011
  #17
Lives for gear
 
Enlightened Hand's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: United States
Posts: 1,832

Enlightened Hand is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdieks View Post
I own the exposes and a friend of mine owns the Focal twins... They are comparable as far as detail goes, but the twins are brighter then the exposes. Both are "harsh". But I think the KRK are the least harsh of the 2.

I would say the KRKs are more like a genelec 8040a (on which I also work a lot), but less plasticy and less boomy. Maybe they would be comparable to the 8050a, but I have never heard those.

So, to give you a rough idea soundwise, As forward as genelec with the detail of the Focals.. I really like them to mix on, you can really hear 0.1 gain changes in EQ really well..


They are TOTALLY different from the vxt range, which I would classify as pretty backwards in the mids and not so detailed.


I don't know the K&H.
I just really noticed this. I disagree completely as I use both the vxt and the E8b.

The vxt is very similar in balance to the E8b with a little less detail but the balance is VERY similar so that I feel no problems at all mixing on the vxts and then mixing on the E8b.

Also, the E8bs are not at all harsh in the slightest. I don't know what that guy is hearing. I also don't know what "backwards in the mids" means. That sounds like nonsense. People say some of the most ridiculous things sometimes...

Try them for yourself if you can swing it. They're surprisingly good. Read Paul White's review of them in SOS. He, being a lover of naturally balanced speakers, also didn't find them "harsh".
#18
31st May 2011
Old 31st May 2011
  #18
Gear nut
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 141

jdieks is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlightened Hand View Post
I just really noticed this. I disagree completely as I use both the vxt and the E8b.

The vxt is very similar in balance to the E8b with a little less detail but the balance is VERY similar so that I feel no problems at all mixing on the vxts and then mixing on the E8b.

Also, the E8bs are not at all harsh in the slightest. I don't know what that guy is hearing. I also don't know what "backwards in the mids" means. That sounds like nonsense. People say some of the most ridiculous things sometimes...

Try them for yourself if you can swing it. They're surprisingly good. Read Paul White's review of them in SOS. He, being a lover of naturally balanced speakers, also didn't find them "harsh".
e.. ok. what I mean is that I used to work a lot at two places, one where we had 8040a and one where we I had the VXT8. I really noticed that in a certain mid area I mist the detail on the VXT when comming from the 8040a (on which I worked like 75% of the time). Almost as if there's a slight dip in the crossover area. I havn't seen any graphs, but I heard other people complain about that too..

Now with the E8B that "dip" is totally gone and I have no problem at all switching from the 8040 to the E8B anymore... (edit: and I need to add that NOW the switching from the E8B to the 8040 makes the 8040 sound slightly plastic)

About the Harsh thing, I have put the HF shelf on -1,5.. Otherwise they do seem to be too bright... I have seen graphs of that by the way.. They are slightly bright.

The focals actually hurt my ears sometimes (of cource depending on the volume, but also on lower volumes).. So that could be descibed as "harsh". The E8B's did have that a little bit too, that's why I put the shelf on -1,5.
#19
28th December 2012
Old 28th December 2012
  #19
Lives for gear
 
Filthrill's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 860

Filthrill is offline
Just picked up new pair of E8Bs today from the founder of KRK Keith Klawitter. What a nice guy. KRK (who he sold off years ago) sent him a pair to review. He said he took the back panels off & played w/ some of the components then put em back on so that's why he was willing to let em go for a really good deal. I have absolutely no problem w/ the founder of KRK taking something apart that he helped create cuz I know it'll still work fine afterward. They were heavy as all hell. I believe around 65 lbs or so per box. That was a loooongg trip to the car.

Anyway I can't stop listening to these. I can hear everything. I mean everything! I haven't been this excited over a monitor since I heard the Focal SM9s last summer. Of course I have a JBL sub running w/ em too for lil xtra low end. The back of the KRKs have 3 settings for the low end. I picked the one that sounded best w/ some music I was familiar with & kept life moving. It was so easy to quickly dial in the sub. I swear I didn't expect things to go this smooth. Took like 20 minutes of tweakin. Seriously. Contemplating getting a 2nd sub but it sounds great w/ just one. Get these monitors u won't regret it. Very capable of mixing or mastering or wutever else. They're not a cheap $$ speaker & they don't sound like it either. KRK has a mean-ass monitor here!
__________________
Fil
...don't worry, the song will be faded out by that point.
#20
29th December 2012
Old 29th December 2012
  #20
Lives for gear
 
Filthrill's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 860

Filthrill is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlightened Hand View Post
I own and use the E8bs all of the time, almost every day.

They are powerful, balanced, detailed, realistic sounding and easy to mix on. I don't find them harsh at all. In fact I find them quite natural sounding. They are not boxy. Mixes translate well. I've had them for a few years now and I have no complaint. Mixing on them is very much like listening to live performances right in the room with me.

However in the past year or so I've gotten very serious about time coherence and while the E8bs don't suck in that respect, I started baffling the ports and I found that I like the time response more that way (though of course it does brighten them). But as monitors go they are as good as any of the best ported nearfields you can buy.

I suspect the reason they don't sell much is due to the fact that people don't talk about them much. The people that use them know that they're really very good. No gimmick, just realistic sounding speakers, with powerful, clean, high headroom amplifiers. If you actually have the money to buy them I suggest giving them a proper audition.
U use sub w/ yours?
#21
29th December 2012
Old 29th December 2012
  #21
Gear maniac
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 157

petermiles is offline
I've been using E8b's for about 4 years now and love them. The detail in the mix is fantastic, though I always found the low end a little 'slim'. I got the new 12sHO sub about 6 months ago and I'm very very very happy!
#22
29th December 2012
Old 29th December 2012
  #22
Gear interested
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 11

routenote is offline
We have tested this out here in our studio and it seems to be great.
#23
29th December 2012
Old 29th December 2012
  #23
Lives for gear
 
Filthrill's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 860

Filthrill is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by petermiles View Post
I've been using E8b's for about 4 years now and love them. The detail in the mix is fantastic, though I always found the low end a little 'slim'. I got the new 12sHO sub about 6 months ago and I'm very very very happy!
I'm thinking about selling off my JBL & getting the 12sHO also. What a beast that thing is. But I don't know, the JBL seems to be working perfectly tho & is very powerful. I think it at least 400w. Hmmm.
#24
4th October 2013
Old 4th October 2013
  #24
Lives for gear
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 1,020

KennaOkoye is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlightened Hand View Post
I just really noticed this. I disagree completely as I use both the vxt and the E8b.

The vxt is very similar in balance to the E8b with a little less detail but the balance is VERY similar so that I feel no problems at all mixing on the vxts and then mixing on the E8b.

Also, the E8bs are not at all harsh in the slightest. I don't know what that guy is hearing. I also don't know what "backwards in the mids" means. That sounds like nonsense. People say some of the most ridiculous things sometimes...

Try them for yourself if you can swing it. They're surprisingly good. Read Paul White's review of them in SOS. He, being a lover of naturally balanced speakers, also didn't find them "harsh".
VXT 6 have Zero Mids. THey imaging on them is so good though!
#25
5th November 2013
Old 5th November 2013
  #25
Lives for gear
 
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 2,516

elan is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdieks View Post
e.. ok. what I mean is that I used to work a lot at two places, one where we had 8040a and one where we I had the VXT8. I really noticed that in a certain mid area I mist the detail on the VXT when comming from the 8040a (on which I worked like 75% of the time). Almost as if there's a slight dip in the crossover area. I havn't seen any graphs, but I heard other people complain about that too..

Now with the E8B that "dip" is totally gone and I have no problem at all switching from the 8040 to the E8B anymore... (edit: and I need to add that NOW the switching from the E8B to the 8040 makes the 8040 sound slightly plastic)

About the Harsh thing, I have put the HF shelf on -1,5.. Otherwise they do seem to be too bright... I have seen graphs of that by the way.. They are slightly bright.

The focals actually hurt my ears sometimes (of cource depending on the volume, but also on lower volumes).. So that could be descibed as "harsh". The E8B's did have that a little bit too, that's why I put the shelf on -1,5.

Couldn't it be the studio placement? The acoustic? Because honestly I can dial mids on KRK VXT6 or NS10 or Auratone and I thing all of them have something in common regarding dynamics and mids

Dynaudio didn't get me that, Genelec didn't too.. same goes for PMC (even thought they were the closer except for the really hyped highs they had in my room)... Now I'm quite satisfied with VXT6 (last 4/5 years at least)

(oh another thing, I don't find them boxy, nor scooped, nor harsh.. even though they could be smoother.. they are a kind of "raw" sound that's a KRK trademark.. and I like it, it works for me, it helps my mixes translating obviously any other I mentioned sounds more hi fi, except for ns10 and auratone obviously :P)
__________________
Obviously everything I said is my opinion, considering I'm a human being.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Honest communication is always unique and original. (Bob Olhsson)

I think the growing availability of presets in synths started to make musicians lazy: they were so amazed at what they could use, they stopped thinking if they should.
(andychamp)

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep"
--Scott Adams
#26
15th November 2013
Old 15th November 2013
  #26
Lives for gear
 
Filthrill's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 860

Filthrill is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Couldn't it be the studio placement? The acoustic? Because honestly I can dial mids on KRK VXT6 or NS10 or Auratone and I thing all of them have something in common regarding dynamics and mids

Dynaudio didn't get me that, Genelec didn't too.. same goes for PMC (even thought they were the closer except for the really hyped highs they had in my room)... Now I'm quite satisfied with VXT6 (last 4/5 years at least)

(oh another thing, I don't find them boxy, nor scooped, nor harsh.. even though they could be smoother.. they are a kind of "raw" sound that's a KRK trademark.. and I like it, it works for me, it helps my mixes translating obviously any other I mentioned sounds more hi fi, except for ns10 and auratone obviously :P)
I know a crew that puts out numerous platinum records & i was shocked that they use nothing but the VXTs. They didn't even have NS10s. Really any monitor is capable of anything. But obviously some make the job easier.
#27
25th December 2013
Old 25th December 2013
  #27
Gear interested
 
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 3

jfbro is offline
I bought a pair of E8Bs blind... floor model, guy at store claimed sound is exactly the same...
Now... KRK customer service hasn't answered my concern...

Why are they distorting above -12 on the output dial (with a 0db input signal)... ?
Otherwise... when they're not so loud, they're like lazers.
Really revealing to me the good and the bad of pretty well any track I throw at them.

They don't sound really good, though -- my friends hate them.
So... not at all ideal at leading the double-life of kicking it with a few...

But then, I'm looking for something a bit different... either Meyer or PK... (probably PK since they're local to me now).

So the E8Bs...
I'm selling them... (good luck...)
Neat sound, but this distortion nonsense?
Just leaves a real sour ring in my ears.

Do they need to get repaired or something?
Could the B-amp be out?
They go reasonably loud and seem fine otherwise...
But they don't GO LOUD without sub bass (20-60hz) tearing apart the woofers.
... Maybe they need tightening... ?

... F**k me for asking here; wish someone from KRK would actually pick up the phone.
(Their customer service seems hopeless, actually... I'd recommend avoiding KRK in general these days...)


... You can get a couple PK Klarity 8's with an 18" sub for the same (retail) price... but that's very different. :-)
#28
27th December 2013
Old 27th December 2013
  #28
Gear interested
 
theophile's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Sunshine Coast. Queensland. Australia.
Posts: 5

theophile is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfbro View Post
I bought a pair of E8Bs blind... floor model, guy at store claimed sound is exactly the same...
Now... KRK customer service hasn't answered my concern...

Why are they distorting above -12 on the output dial (with a 0db input signal)... ?
Otherwise... when they're not so loud, they're like lazers.
Really revealing to me the good and the bad of pretty well any track I throw at them.

They don't sound really good, though -- my friends hate them.
So... not at all ideal at leading the double-life of kicking it with a few...

But then, I'm looking for something a bit different... either Meyer or PK... (probably PK since they're local to me now).

So the E8Bs...
I'm selling them... (good luck...)
Neat sound, but this distortion nonsense?
Just leaves a real sour ring in my ears.

Do they need to get repaired or something?
Could the B-amp be out?
They go reasonably loud and seem fine otherwise...
But they don't GO LOUD without sub bass (20-60hz) tearing apart the woofers.
... Maybe they need tightening... ?

... F**k me for asking here; wish someone from KRK would actually pick up the phone.
(Their customer service seems hopeless, actually... I'd recommend avoiding KRK in general these days...)


... You can get a couple PK Klarity 8's with an 18" sub for the same (retail) price... but that's very different. :-)
Is there a possibility that you are overloading the inputs on the Exposes? Can you adjust the gain of the component feeding into them?
__________________
Turntable: Yamaha GT-2000
Cartridge: The Voice Ebony
Phono stage: Simaudio Moon LP 5.3
Preamp: Hornshoppe The Truth
Speakers: KRK Expose E8B Active Studio Monitors
#29
27th December 2013
Old 27th December 2013
  #29
Gear maniac
 
ljona's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 180

ljona is offline
been using a pair for over a year now and love them. fantastic speakers. detailed, well balanced, natural with super nice high end. I never get tired of listening through them.
#30
14th January 2014
Old 14th January 2014
  #30
Gear interested
 
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 3

jfbro is offline
Hey, an update...

I finally spoke to someone at Gibson, on behalf of KRK, about my issue...

They are broken. Something seriously wrong with the amplifiers in mine... (probably from the floor turning on and off a power bar... the things arrived at +6, so I wonder just how much of a bang exploded through them every morning and night...!)

That being said, my issue, then, is only a lesson in why to not buy monitors blind. And, that KRK support is... having some trouble sorting their shit out, it seems.

The guy I finally spoke with was very knowledgeable. Thanks!
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 
 
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
cornboy7x / So much gear, so little time!
15
dylansmale / So much gear, so little time!
3
KurtR / High end
15

Forum Jump

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.