OK it seems the internet has exploded with excitment with the new Axe FX II soon to be released. I have never seen a real Axe Fx or played one, I have a 10yr old digitech in a wardrobe somewhere which hasnt been used in the last 10yrs, it ounds like crap!
I have marshalls, vox and blackstar amps all which have killer tones, but it can take ages to dial in the tone I need with the amp, speaker, guitar, mic, mic placement, pre amp choices. I will get there eventually but it can be a PITA. Dont get me started on trying to re-record a track a few weeks later and try and get the same tone back (I dont reamp but it does interest me in the near future)
Im AGAINST the Axe Fx because im a "real amp, real guitar" guy but this thing certainly sounds like it has the ability to be amazing, Gamechanger? probably.
I have some questions that hopefully some people can answer
1) I have heard the samples by themselves on youtube etc etc which sound amazing but how do the sound when you stack them in a mix? Can a solo punch through, can you stack guitars well and pan them?
Has anybody got any links to songs with the guitars all done with an axe fx?
2) Are all the patches stereo? do you need to double track most stuff or is it pretty full sounding having a single take (song and preset dependant I know)
3) Does it take well to ITB/OTB eq compression etc?
4) Are you guys running them through any outboard gear before you go into your DAW?
5) Somebody talk me out of spending a whole lot of money on this lol