Black Lion PM-8 and Liquid Saffire 56
Hricco
12th May 2011
Old 12th May 2011
Gear maniac

Black Lion PM-8 and Liquid Saffire 56

Hey guys....

I'm confused about something.

I want to try to set up a hybrid analog/digital mixing system. I would like to use the BLA PM-8 summing mixer. But I only have 8 Analog outputs on my Liquid Saffire 56. Does this mean that if I want to do stereo pairs, I can only do 4 outputs from the LS56?

The unit also has lots of Digital I/O over ADAT. Is there a way to utilize those outputs for Summing?
Hricco
12th May 2011
Old 12th May 2011
Gear maniac

biggity bump
12th May 2011
Old 12th May 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hricco View Post
8 Analog outputs on my Liquid Saffire 56. Does this mean that if I want to do stereo pairs, I can only do 4 outputs from the LS56?
That's right, but the BLA PM-8 only has 8 mono inputs anyway, so that's all it can handle.

Quote:
The unit also has lots of Digital I/O over ADAT. Is there a way to utilize those outputs for Summing?
Sure, but again the BLA PM-8 is only 8 ins so utilizing those is not needed, unless you get a 16 channel option from another company or a good mixer.
Hricco
12th May 2011
Old 12th May 2011
Gear maniac

OK....

Thanks for the reply. lets say I get a good mixer and want to do 16 outputs , how would I go about that?
12th May 2011
Old 12th May 2011
Gear nut

Quote:
lets say I get a good mixer and want to do 16 outputs , how would I go about that?
Well, if you like the BLA Summing box, you can also buy another one and chain them. That's 16 inputs for you right there.

There's plenty of 8 I/O ADAT preamp/converters in the market that you can use with the Saffire. This one depends on your budget. I use a BLA modified Behringer ADA8000 and I'm really happy with it.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search