New Reply
Subscribe
dallasdon
10th April 2011
Old 10th April 2011
Gear Head

Send a message via ICQ to dallasdon
Allen & Heath Zed R16: Noisy panpots

Anyone else have this problem? Brand new A&H Zed R16. First mix with it, and I notice several of the pan pots are noisy and/or cutting out, especially when I have the knob turned full left or full right. Jiggling the knob makes it come in and out, and with some of the knobs, holding it down "just so" makes it work.

It seems to be only the pan pots. I'm going to try compressed air to see if that helps, but I'm not too keen on opening up a brand new mixer for cleaning - I assume that would void the warranty. I'm also not to keen on sending it back to Sweetwater for repair/replacement but if that's my best option then I guess I'll have to.

I haven't gotten to using the digital I/O at all, using it only analog at present.
10th April 2011
Old 10th April 2011
Gear nut

mine zed 428 had something very similar (new)

but now (after more than 6 months) it is completly gone, althougt I do not know when disapeared
dallasdon
10th April 2011
Old 10th April 2011
Gear Head

Send a message via ICQ to dallasdon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rad9k View Post
mine zed 428 had something very similar (new)

but now (after more than 6 months) it is completly gone, althougt I do not know when disapeared
So the problem just went away by itself? Curious...
11th April 2011
Old 11th April 2011
Lives for gear

Its probably some dust or dirt that has gotten in there . you can try compressed air , fader lube/contact cleaner (de-oxit brand is good) or just give them a really good workout rotating them around each way

if not get it seen to under warranty , my 428 is about 1 year old and every pot , jack and fader is still perfect
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search