adda recommendations?
sunnyb
1st April 2011
Old 1st April 2011
Gear addict

adda recommendations?

decided i might get rid of my zed r16 as im getting better results mixing down itb then summing analog. i also always tend to move faders itb, so the outboard faders are actually sort of a nuisance. also find the pres not quite detailed enough for the sound i want.

Therefore, i think im going to start an api lunchbox with about 6 pres that go right into good quality converters. here will be my signal chain

API lunchbox-> converters-> computer-> 1/2" 2 track reel to reel mixdown or mixdown itb. recording on logic express (lol) on a macbook.

never record more than about 6 tracks at a time. i read the rosetta 800 gives a "tape" type of sound (whatever that means) and i love tape, however i also hear theres a bump in the lows on the da which you dont hear when you mix itb until mixed outside of it. therefore transparency may be what im looking for.

so aurora, lynx, mytek, lavry, etc? how does the the rosetta compare to the ensemble? dont need the pres, so kind of want to just get converters. im going to rent before i buy, i just need to narrow down which to rent as there are so many around!
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search